Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer freezing

Blitzkrieg

Terry, i downloaded the LinX and ran it on all ram setting, here are the results.

I think i'm going to order some thermal paste today and it'll get here in a few days, even if that isn't the problem, it'll help cool down the CPU a bit.

linx.png

You ran prime 95 for 20 runs and the computer didn't freeze, thermal paste/CPU overheating is not the problem.

This may be a silly question, but I couldn't find SMART results in that app. Did anyone actually run a SMART test on that hard drive and see what numbers it kicked back? I lost a testing box at work because it was exhibiting similar symptoms (Slow as balls. Always.) and SMART said the spin-up time and seek times were in the 20s. Not a failed hard drive, but one that needs to be thrown out.

If you can't find something that works while in OS, I know UBCD and Hiren's both have an app for that on them.

navi.jpg