Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question

BigDaddy1979

I don't know if this has been discussed before so if it has I apologize. For some reason lately the mic spammers are out in force. Most will be quiet after you ask them to be quiet. The rest just get worse. Is it possible to give the ability to mute only to the members that request it? I would love to buy admin but unfortunately with a wife and 2 kids that money is better used elsewhere for now. I am not asking for full admin or anything like that. Just think it would be easier to be able to mute someone for a bit rather than demo and temp ban right from the get go.

You can always go into the player list and mute them for yourself from there. Outside of that, and I hate to say it, complaining to an admin generally works. Admins want to help out, and while we hate people who spam complaints left and right, a sincere comment on a certain player's activity will alert us to pay attention to them and deal out proper punishment.

I wish the mute worked on everyone. From my experience it works on about 1/3 of the people I have tried to mute, and I think that is a generous guess. I know the admins want to help, but do they want to hear from one player fifteen times in a day to come deal with mic spammers? Or would it be easier to give some people the ability to mute? If I mute someone and they log in and out to get rid of the mute so they can spam again then yeah, gonna demo and report. Or if they continue to spam after a short mute then the same thing. But to have an admin come in for every annoying mic spammer is a little overkill in my opinion. It takes away from the play time of the admin and the person seeking the admin out.

For non-Admins,

you can try using

votekick / voteban

It can work just depends on how many people and how many people will actually do it. The only caveat is that if the spammer leaves and comes back later, it isn't helpful always.

Second: Get into Vent and Go to the Helpdesk and ask one of us admins to take alook. Helpdesk Admins are Global Admins (And should only be Global/Staff)

Third: Get a demo... easiest way to get him banned. As much as it can be painful, there are usually admins on 24/7 ....

Post in dar Ban thread and we can put dar banhammar on the spammer.

1. You're not a pest for asking someone to remove a spammer or someone that's being a douchebag

2. Just be nice about it and we'll be happy to help you

3. Above all, if you want/can, get proof; it'll save us a lot of time / effort so we can get back to banhammaring the baddies

Thank you :D