Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Personal Replay Thread!

ttaM

Feel free to post any cool, skillful, or fun games you have in this thread.

TUTORIAL

Using drop.sc, hit Upload in the upper right hand corner. Select the replay file you want to upload, located in: Documents > StarCraft II > (in-game name).(character code) > Replays > Multiplayer. Hit enter and bam! your replay is now uploaded to the interwebs with a link you can share to all your friends!

-If you are using ZHost, make them into a .rar first because we're still working out how to get the SC2replay format on ZHost.

#1 - TvT - Delta Quadrant

http://zhost.hellsgamers.com/u/pr/bad_player_tvt.rar

This is a Ladder Game I played vs. another Gold player, a TvT.

It's a really short game, as the enemy player tried to wall in, at his own natural expansion. Once he noticed he simply quit the game, oh by the way ignore my scouting, I hit the wrong expansion instead of his main. I was 9 rax'ing I'm pretty sure so I was just going to Reaper rush to avoid the annoying Tank/Viking throw up that TvT consists of these days. :P

#2 - TvZvZvZvZvZvZvZ - Abyss (8 Man FFA w/ 7 bots on Insane Difficulty)

http://zhost.hellsgamers.com/u/4n/abyss_7v1_insane.rar

There's an achievement to "Beat 7 computer opponents on "X" difficulty", this is the replay of me accomplishing that on Insane. D3n explained to me that the computer will always attack the weaker player with the least defense, seeing as the Insane computers get a mineral bonus I'm at a severe disadvantage.

The basic build I went for was a double barracks wall-in, getting a fast tech lab on one and pumping Marauders because the computer mainly goes Roaches early game. I defended I think the first two attacks and transitioned into a mass Siege Tank game, holding off a few more attacks before I chose to expand with enough tanks to confidently defend my natural.

A big part of winning this match-up is saying "No" when any of the computers offer to surrender, doing so makes the attacking computer completely destroy the losing one's base, buying you more time to build up defense. That's the entire idea behind the strategy, buying enough time until you can watch the computer throw their army at you. Throw up some sensor towers so you know when they decide to attack you and you can position Siege Tanks for ultimate damage.

After the first 10 minutes or so I don't think I was ever legitimately threatened by the computer again, Tanks are ridiculous in large numbers, especially when the enemy is going through a smaller choke point, which the map offers right outside the natural.

Once it's finally down to 1v1 I just put all my remaining supply into cloaked Banshees and Vikings and steamrolled his buildings.

If you finish this on Insane you get all of the achievements for all the other difficulties too, Normal, Hard, Very Hard are included.

Post some of your nerdy replays too!

Edited by envisioN .
  • Like 1

Watched your 1v1 replay, I'm not going to lie I've never seen that and I lol'ed hard. I like how you missed the base in the beginning also and got a pleasant surprise later.

http://zhost.hellsgamers.com/u/0v/the_bio_lab_-_copy.rar

Hilarious game with much fail on both sides. My team of 2 RL friends and myself on vent gets stomped and it's up to me to salvage the game in a very funny fashion. The game should have ended at least 10 minutes sooner than it did, but it was very possible for me to win.

• Like 1

Haha I'll check it out in a bit, I had just played that map too vs. computers because I saw it was one I'd never played. I just rallied my SCV to the wrong expansion XD LOL!

I should put up some of the games we play on Fastest, it gets pretty ridiculous.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...