Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Falling from space

I realize this isnt funny or for everybody but it made me think a lot about where my life is comparably. The history behind this quite amazing. After doing this he went on to 3 tours of combat duty in vietnam which ended with an 11 month stay in a POW prison. Joseph Kittinger's fall has never been surpassed nor have any of his records been surpassed. Is a good motivator when you feel afraid or feel a feat is beyond your ability.

To put it in perspective a commercial jetplane cruises at 35,000 ft. This jump was from 102,000ft

[YOUTUBE]81gn2oLeC_U[/YOUTUBE]

The first and second jumps were 23k and 76k ft I believe. on the 3 and final jump seen at around 4min in he fell faster than any human being has traveled without a vehicle in history. Argued speed of his fall was 614-650mph.

Edited by piscian