Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rules for Bigotry? (Mostly for admins, but want public opinion as well)

SpiKe*

Dear all,

I looked around the server but failed to find information regarding bigotry (I might have missed it. If I missed it, I apologize).

I did find information on racism, but not bigotry as a whole.

If there is no standardized bigotry rules, I think we should come up with it here.

I just have some suggestions.

*Bigotry should be given warnings (up to 2 or 3, depending on the seriousness of the choice of words).

*Excessive use of bigotry should be banned.

I'm suggesting this because, forgive my use of language, many people fail to respect different people's preferences regarding sexuality (for example, heterosexual and homosexual people, bi, etc, whatever).

Just because someone has different tastes doesn't mean they should be treated with disrespect. The reality that non-heterosexual people are treated as wrong really makes me upset as I do have some homosexual friends, and they're one of the best people you'll ever meet.

I guess some racism also falls under this whole bigotry thing.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

SpiKe*

Well Tox, jailbreak has a new "survey day" where lead asks revealing questions forcing Ts to answer. Obviously you don't have to answer TRUTHFULLY, as people will say they did just about anything. But yes, questions about sexuality and "experiences" are being asked in the server, sometimes in a disrespectful manner.

Well Tox, jailbreak has a new "survey day" where lead asks revealing questions forcing Ts to answer. Obviously you don't have to answer TRUTHFULLY, as people will say they did just about anything. But yes, questions about sexuality and "experiences" are being asked in the server, sometimes in a disrespectful manner.

Opinionated day I assume? Admins need to make sure no one is seriously hating, basically.

Welcome to real life, if you can't handle it on the internet, you should probably on the fuck off.

I am in no way bashing your stance on the sexual orientation disrespect but honestly, who's asking for your sexual orientation in an online first person shooter, and who's saying you have to answer...?

From my past experiences, many people are disrespectful to what we call "non-straight" people, and also pull many jokes regarding that topic.

I was simply asking an opinion regarding this matter. There is nothing wrong with asking what I asked in my original post since I couldn't find anything related to bigotry except for "respect for others and racism."

The main goal was to clarify the penalties for bigotry by players.

I'm not flaming you or anything, but found your reply a bit offensive. ^^; Constructive criticisms would be nice, flaming criticisms are not welcome... but I'm not judging you because of your post.

Thank you!

Edited by SpiKe*

From my past experiences, many people are disrespectful to what we call "non-straight" people, and also pull many jokes regarding that topic.

I was simply asking an opinion regarding this matter. There is nothing wrong with asking what I asked in my original post since I couldn't find anything related to bigotry except for "respect for others and racism."

The main goal was to clarify the penalties for bigotry by players.

I'm not flaming you or anything, but found your reply a bit offensive. ^^; Constructive criticisms would be nice, flaming criticisms are not welcome... but I'm not judging you because of your post.

Thank you!

There is nothing wrong with people saying "homosexual."

And how was that a flaming criticism in any way? He made a legitimate point, who's saying you have to answer?

Admins can handle people who are being disrespectful, if you are feeling hurt by someone's comments in a server please feel free to use admin chat (team chat + @) to point it out to admins. If they don't stop or admins aren't helping you out and the person is clearly breaking the rules by being blatantly disrespectful, then record a demo or take a screenshot of chat and bring it to the forums. The rules are fine the way they are, really.

There is nothing wrong with people saying "homosexual."

And how was that a flaming criticism in any way? He made a legitimate point, who's saying you have to answer?

Admins can handle people who are being disrespectful, if you are feeling hurt by someone's comments in a server please feel free to use admin chat (team chat + @) to point it out to admins. If they don't stop or admins aren't helping you out and the person is clearly breaking the rules by being blatantly disrespectful, then record a demo or take a screenshot of chat and bring it to the forums. The rules are fine the way they are, really.

It seems like people don't understand.

"All" I was saying was, I just wanted to see what people were doing with bigotry overall since I bought Admin and didn't want to "abuse" its power.

It doesn't matter who says I have to answer it or not. As a member of the community, I am forbidden from suggesting things? That is exactly what you're saying... O_o;;

If he wasnt trying to make any offensive reply, then I apologize for the misunderstanding, but frankly speaking, I felt that the moderators/[HG] members were implying that "players are forbidden from suggesting improvements."

Since this thread is going off-topic, I'll just end my reply here.

If there were any misunderstandings between us, I apologize

Thank you.

-SpiKe

Edited by SpiKe*
Forgot to mention something

To me it sounds like you ran across a situation that bothered you but you won't come out and say it directly.

I say things like "that is gay" all the time. If I get really annoyed I might tell someone to go suck a cock. Is that what you are talking about? .You are trying to talk about a serious subject but are being very vague about it. If you want to have a discussion on the topic then come out and discuss it.

Nope. I didn't run in a situation that bothered me. I didn't get on Steam for a while and I got on recently, and never encountered a single thing that bothered me so far. As I said, I was just suggesting it.

And as I said, people don't get the point so end with it.

Lock this thread please as thread is going off the topic non-stop.

Edited by SpiKe*

Hi BigDaddy.

Straight forward, I was asking what would be classified as bigotry on this server, which was the point, but most people posted something not related to the bigotry itself, which is why the posts are off-topic. Of course it's not going the way I intended it to, because people are going off-topic.

Different servers have different bigotry standards/rules/punishments.

Having played CS for so long, I have come to realize that so many different servers have different standards, and wanted clarifications.

I also couldn't find detailed bigotry rules - previous servers I played on had detailed rules on them, so I was trying to see what the bigotry deal was on this server.

Again, excuse my language, but some people find "you're a gay awper" offensive while others do not. Some are very sensitive about this topic, while others aren't. It's obviously hard to satisfy both sides when dealing with bigotry. That is also why I wanted to know the Admin's and the public's opinion.

I hope this clears up some things.

Thanks.

-SpiKe

My advice is this. If someone says or does something that bothers you that much and you can not resolve it directly with them then bring it to the forums in a ban request and let one of the higher ups deal with it. But you need to remember, this is the internet. You may be doing a lot of ban requests.

As for the "survey day" no it isn't opinionated because there's no real way to die in it unless you somehow conflict the survey. Exempli gratia, if I said "If you have ever looked down and realized you DO have a penis, get in deagle cage. If that has never happened to you, get in big cage." And then the next question was "If after realizing you had a penis, you pulled it until candy came out, stay in deagle cage. If you did not do that, get in big cage," but someone moves from big cage to deagle cage, then they die because that is not possible. Other than things like this, there's no way to really die from this game and no requirement to answer truthfully. It's just for lulz, though if you're one of those Ts who REALLY likes LRs, then it's kind of a waste of time.

My advice is this. If someone says or does something that bothers you that much and you can not resolve it directly with them then bring it to the forums in a ban request and let one of the higher ups deal with it. But you need to remember, this is the internet. You may be doing a lot of ban requests.

cool thanks.

And I don't really make ban requests. I don't really mind people doing it, was just wondering just in case I buy admin once in a while. =D

that sounds gay cwatididthar?

by the way you shouldn't be on the internet if you can't handle someone calling you a gay awper

I don't know if u're talking to me, but if u r, I don't care if someone calls me a gay awper. I've played CS since 1.4 and I know better than to care about people calling others gay awper or gay camper. This post isn't about me , but degree of tolerable bigotry in general. That's why I was saying people don't get the point.

But at least I pretty much get what everyone else is saying regarding bigotry.

Thanks for the info everyone.

I warn for disrespecting peers/admins when people use the word "fa****" and when they excessively call others homosexuals and the like.

It's just really distasteful to see, and, to me, using the word "fa****" is just as bad as calling someone a "n****r," and we don't allow that word, so I'd take it pretty seriously.

And with the game, yeah, just like Laz says.

In general, if it gets to be anything like harassment, it's treated just as normally as insults in general. If it can be shrugged off, not a big deal. I guess. Yeh?