Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Build a rig competition!

rL10

Important Update

The due payment will be sent to me on the 24th October.

This being said I will close the competition on the 22nd October.

Good luck to all those that have enterred and will enter!

Edited by rL10

Official Update

After hours of consideration, differentiation and tribulations i have come to a decision and the winner has been chosen. First of all i would like to thank all entries and let you know your entries were all looked at so don't feel too bad that you didn't win. Who knows, maybe another competition may pop-up?

Winner

Duggierascal

Thank you for all your entries and don't be too beat down that you didn't win. Think of it this way, he's still got another month before he get's his reward.

30cnn6e.png

http://i54.tinypic.com/30cnn6e.png

I've taken into account everything, and I have come up with possibly the best price/performance build I could find. I didn't include every combo I could, because I don't know the prices over in Europe, but I did include the best. I've got an i5 760 (most you will ever need for gaming), 4GB DDR3 (also the most you will ever need for gaming) and TWO (count em, TWO) GTX 460's. These can outperform a single GTX 480. This build will also run cool, because the 460's do not have the GF100 (FERMI HOT HOT HOT) chip in them, but the cool and consistent GF104 chip. I'm sure this will suit your needs for anything you plan on doing including gaming and college work.

EDIT: I did not include a heatsink for the CPU, but the best price/performance in order from cheapest and up are: Hyper 212+, Scythe Mugen2, and NH-D14. You should only buy one if you plan on overclocking your CPU. The CPU will come with a stock heatsink, however.

EDIT2:

Official Update

After hours of consideration, differentiation and tribulations i have come to a decision and the winner has been chosen. First of all i would like to thank all entries and let you know your entries were all looked at so don't feel too bad that you didn't win. Who knows, maybe another competition may pop-up?

Winner

Duggierascal

Thank you for all your entries and don't be too beat down that you didn't win. Think of it this way, he's still got another month before he get's his reward.

Oh, man. That stinks. My entry outperforms his in every aspect, including product quality. :\

Edited by Dizfunky