Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Problems With Admins

Akimbo Javelin

Now I know what your thinking, "Record a demo and post it in the Abuse Requests." Well, people in the HG community are having escalated problems with many admins. Although the try their hardest to get evidence, it is never enough. I have seen multiple well-made reports against admins, but they always win in the fight to defend themselves.

Votes Against Admins.

Let's say many people in the community have had problems with said admin. Ahem Blazedd. Has anyone suggested a sort of system that if enough people complain against an admin, their power would be temporarilly taken away? But heres another thing, you cant just give an admin x amount of votes and it would be done. Some sort of proof must be provided in order to make this action legitimate. Here are some reasonable rules.

-Problem causing admin must have some Abuse reports against him in order to provide little proof, or more.

-Admin must have x amount of votes against him/her.

-Unless this said admin holds a good arguement, he may remain an Admin.

-Final consequences should be up to higher council.

Now you must be thinking "Oh Akimbo, quit QQing because people mute you for HLDJ." I haven't been on in about a week due to school. Now I'm just coming up with things to contribute to the community while I don't have my laptop.

Remember, this is just a suggestion, and personally, I don't know much about the admin business. I'm just tying my hardest to stay active while I'm not in Steam. Thanks for taking your time to read this. Even if it is pretty boring.

-Keembo That Honors English pays off.

well then we have 4 votes against your idea... should we ban you? no..... i dont see it working out well

Added my vote. Now going back to the issue at hand.....

Now you must be thinking "Oh Akimbo, quit QQing because people mute you for HLDJ."
Let's say many people in the community have had problems with said admin. Ahem Blazedd.
You're QQing. GTFO.

Why the hell do people have to constantly start shit? Yeah so what you got kicked/banned/muted/slayed/slapped....quit crying and get over it. You were probably being a douche and pissing off the admin so stop and just play. FOLLOW THE RULES! Is it so hard for people to do? I was an admin for another gaming community and if you had this vote crap I know I would of gotten voted off in no time because of little 15 yr olds who don't want to follow the rules....VERY bad idea for the admin voting. Just wouldn't work out very well.

It's simple...Follow the rules, dont be a douche, and just play the damn game and you wont have an admin up your ass.

Why the hell do people have to constantly start shit? Yeah so what you got kicked/banned/muted/slayed/slapped....quit crying and get over it. You were probably being a douche and pissing off the admin so stop and just play. FOLLOW THE RULES! Is it so hard for people to do? I was an admin for another gaming community and if you had this vote crap I know I would of gotten voted off in no time because of little 15 yr olds who don't want to follow the rules....VERY bad idea for the admin voting. Just wouldn't work out very well.

It's simple...Follow the rules, dont be a douche, and just play the damn game and you wont have an admin up your ass.

Well said ..

although there are SOME admins who are jerks ..but this is why we have the abuse section on the forums ..that is all you need to do. If possible ..just start recording whenever "said" admin is in the server ..just make sure to give us tic numbers ( shift F2 for playback menu ) when you make the report.

Jesus christ, did you even read the thing.

Guys I have a great idea to take care of this admin problem, but you have to hear me through...

How about we make a section in the forums called "Abuse Reports" where people can go and fill out a template and provide evidence through screenshots and demos in order to help find the problematic admins and get rid of them! A staff member can check the forum and determine whether a person should be banned from admin or not. Plus, the person accused can go onto that forum and defend himself and/or apologize if need be, so then EVERYONE can be happy! Of course people will QQ about admins still, but at least this will help weed out the admins who actually have evidence brought against them.

I know what you may all be thinking, "GoCrzy, this idea will NEVER work, you retard," but I think it is a legitimate plan!

What Awwik said ..it would become a popularity contest ..

A lot of peoplpe hate me as an admin because as an admin ..I do kick/ban people when they are breaking the rules ( in servers I have admin in )

I would get voted off the island ..

^^ Exactly what I was thinking

No one likes admins who actually enforce the rules, because then it means the rule breakers will get kicked/banned and start QQing on the forums. They would take every little chance that they could get to remove every single admin who actually uses their admin to set wrong doers in their place...the admins who have admin just to have admin, however, would still be around.

Then nothing would ever got done around the servers and people would start questioning HG's Activeness in keeping the servers fun, safe, and drama free.

I think the whole point of this thread is being overlooked. I think what Akimbo is saying is that the abuse reports aren't effective enough. The accused is getting off with a much lighter sentence than they deserve. An easy fix would probably be to crack down on abusing admins, or at least have a nice long talk with them.

I think the whole point of this thread is being overlooked. I think what Akimbo is saying is that the abuse reports aren't effective enough. The accused is getting off with a much lighter sentence than they deserve. An easy fix would probably be to crack down on abusing admins, or at least have a nice long talk with them.

Thanks you for seeing into what I'm saying. I don't really care about this system at all, I just want to get a point across.

Well it probably would have been easier to just say what your point was instead of going through a whole story that most people probably wouldn't even read...

**Edit: I re-read that and felt it came off as a little harsh...sorry if you take it the wrong way....dunno how else to word it...

Well it probably would have been easier to just say what your point was instead of going through a whole story that most people probably wouldn't even read...

**Edit: I re-read that and felt it came off as a little harsh...sorry if you take it the wrong way....dunno how else to word it...

It's all good.

this already happens ..

..but if no one reports it ..then it can't.

:/

I think akimbo is talking about threads like the ones I'm about to post where an admin is using commands that are restricted to root and privileged users not normal pay for admins:

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/32184-I_-gt-.Love.Jesus*%EF%B8%BB%E6%B0%94%E3%83%87%E2%95%90%E4%B8%80*

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/32116-I_-gt-.Love.Jesus*%EF%B8%BB%E6%B0%94%E3%83%87%E2%95%90%E4%B8%80*-use-drug-command

And there are probably more, but no one ever gets in trouble for the little things, I mean damn, just go look at the abuse reports where they say reviewed, and nothing happens, yet if the weren't an admin they would be banned for a good amount of time other than just "reviewed".