Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Looking for a console command...

HADES

...that searches current player's list for a particular player given either player's participial in game name, or first letter on CSS

I know typing "status" in console gives you all current players, but looking through the list and finding a particular player can sometimes be time consuming, especially when there are 60+ players on the list.

If there is no such a command, is there a command like "status" that lists only T's or CT's information?

sm_who does work provided I give it enough information. It helps a lot, so thank you. However, the command is not silent... and that's the only thing I don't like about it.

A side note, at least on the D2DM server, typing "status" in the chat window will give you a nice visual layout of player's names... again the command is not silent.

sm_who does work provided I give it enough information. It helps a lot, so thank you. However, the command is not silent... and that's the only thing I don't like about it.

A side note, at least on the D2DM server, typing "status" in the chat window will give you a nice visual layout of player's names... again the command is not silent.

type it in console

Players can't see your output in your console? I'm not sure what you're trying to get at there.

Console outputs are restricted to client side only unless you're dealing with rcon for instance?

Players can see the output. That's what I am trying to say.

When I do sm_who on a player's partial name, a hacker might quit the game before I can ban him due to the output of the command.