Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Donations suck...

vandium

I haven't seen hardly anyone donating for this cluster like they have been, or should be.

Do you think there should be some more incentives to players to WANT to donate?

Examples

1)16k every 3 rounds (if not every round)

2)Donation skin which looks different than admin skin. (ping immune, reserved slot)

(maybe half the price of 16k added to this to get both.)

3)Different admin classes, from basic - intermediate - advanced.

(psychologically this works better than a flat out cost for the same admin as everyone else, which gives people a choice, and more willing to spend money...trust me it works..and works out for both parties)

4)Buy two months and get one free.

(the disclosure will still apply here, if abuse occurs, its gone..)

5)How about a donation for certain board access? A price per month for their own section, or sections? Or maybe the boards are just hosted through HellsGamers, to keep traffic. (This would only be open and available to their clan, and price can be broken down to # of members, type of access, number of boards)

These are just examples, but people don't just donate for the sake of keeping your servers and message board open. (especially since there are thousands of servers.)

Just noticing no one is hardly donating, so I figured I would throw some shit at yall if yall havn't been brainstorming.

I haven't seen hardly anyone donating for this cluster like they have been, or should be.

Do you think there should be some more incentives to players to WANT to donate?

Examples

1)16k every 3 rounds (if not every round)

2)Donation skin which looks different than admin skin. (ping immune, reserved slot)

(maybe half the price of 16k added to this to get both.)

3)Different admin classes, from basic - intermediate - advanced.

(psychologically this works better than a flat out cost for the same admin as everyone else, which gives people a choice, and more willing to spend money...trust me it works..and works out for both parties)

4)Buy two months and get one free.

(the disclosure will still apply here, if abuse occurs, its gone..)

5)How about a donation for certain board access? A price per month for their own section, or sections? Or maybe the boards are just hosted through HellsGamers, to keep traffic. (This would only be open and available to their clan, and price can be broken down to # of members, type of access, number of boards)

These are just examples, but people don't just donate for the sake of keeping your servers and message board open. (especially since there are thousands of servers.)

Just noticing no one is hardly donating, so I figured I would throw some shit at yall if yall havn't been brainstorming.

I donate because I like this server. I donate to help the server stay up. Hellsgamers is the only server I have ever really gotten into and helped out by donating, except MML2. Only reason I ever helped them was because I was a GM on their Lineage 2 server as well as a Admin on the CSS server, they had a gungame server. Now, I'm an admin on the office server and stay active on it. I'm glad Helmin trusts me on Hellsgamers and it's a trust I'll never break. I donate because this is one server where I like the community. The community isn't filled with little retarded kids that call eachother noob 24/7 and scream in the mic, lol.

1. 16k every round would be fine. However, for 15.00 a month you can give 16,000 every round to players.

2. A new skin for donations over 25.00 would be a good idea to be honest. Shows who in the community really donates to help keep the server running. Although, the black skin seen on admins I believe can only be gained by donating and not by top 20.

3. The only way new admin ranks would work is this:

Rank 1- 10.00 Skin + Ability to give money every round + Ability to Mute

Rank 2- 20.00 Skin + All of the above + All abilities currently given for admin (kick,mute,temp ban, etc...) + 8 hour ban Max

Rank 3- 30.00 Unique Skin + All of the above + 12 hour ban MAX

Rank 4- 50.00 All of the Above on ALL HG servers.

To be honest, they could even do 1 year Admin Status. Where a person can just pay a flat 100.00 fee for Admin rank 1 for example, and it will save them 20.00. Plus, it will help the server stay up.

However, doing more to get donations such as ranks isn't a great idea tbh. I already hate the idea of people donating for admin but think it's fine only because they don't have perma ban. Some admins are abusive and a lot are very immature when it comes to being an admin.

4. Special deals are a great idea if more donation rewards are put in. They could also start letting admins get the awp on office, but I don't know about that...eh...probably a bad idea. I hate dying to the awp.

5. Donations for a section on the forums for clans is a great idea. We could EVEN create a small server that could be rented monthly by clans. That could work too.

I don't see how they can add anything else. But, never know. I don't really have any major ideas for donations. Just keep donating everyone, Homer can't pay it all himself. I'll be donating more within the next month, probably 25.00. Possibly 10-20 this weekend, eh dunno. Gotta watch my money right now.

:diaf:

1. 16k every round would be fine. However, for 15.00 a month you can give 16,000 every round to players.

Yeah but for younger guys, all they really need is the money, and they don't know/need admin, and their parents won't give them much.

3. The only way new admin ranks would work is this:

Rank 1- 10.00 Skin + Ability to give money every round + Ability to Mute

Rank 2- 20.00 Skin + All of the above + All abilities currently given for admin (kick,mute,temp ban, etc...) + 8 hour ban Max

Rank 3- 30.00 Unique Skin + All of the above + 12 hour ban MAX

Rank 4- 50.00 All of the Above on ALL HG servers.

Yeah, for examples those look good.

However, doing more to get donations such as ranks isn't a great idea tbh. I already hate the idea of people donating for admin but think it's fine only because they don't have perma ban. Some admins are abusive and a lot are very immature when it comes to being an admin.

I agree, but with this method they have also been able to find some good admins out of the batch. And with a properly worded and agreed upon disclosure, the immature abusers can be booted, but the funds kept.

5. Donations for a section on the forums for clans is a great idea. We could EVEN create a small server that could be rented monthly by clans. That could work too.

That is also a good idea, as people are willing to do this, because they will have several members of a clan that can split the cost to rent a server for a short period of time.

I think these servers have come a long way, and I have been playing them since I started playing source, and they are the only servers I play on. So I am just trying to throw ideas out on how to keep it up and running, and running at full speed. In no way am I telling people how to do things, just ideas and opinions.

Yeah, but 50 a month for a year for true admin comes out to a lot a loot for people, $600.?!?! You have to realize you wouldn't find too many takers for that and may harm some of your monthly proceeds coming in from continual members who lose their status since they cannot afford that monthly. I could definately see a $5 skin + money, $10 across all servers, $15/20 for admin, and $30 admin across all servers. The more you go up in $$ the less takers you may find. Even a multitude of $5 gimmicks varied across different servers may up the interest of the masses of younger folks in the community. The masses is where the larger overall $$ will be.

Of course Van and DJ can get down on their knees and make money how they used to. I'd pay a 50 spot for one of those. :)

With the super secret HG thing thats being built while Crothers and Homer aren't dicking around, we can do specials for admin along with other neat-o stuff.

Paraphrase from Crothers...

He was in the midst of telling me all about what it was but our skype call mysteriously got broken off o_O

Paraphrase from Crothers...

He was in the midst of telling me all about what it was but our skype call mysteriously got broken off o_O

Here is how it went down.

Crothers: So yeah its gonna be cool.

fdhelmin: So what is it yall are actually doing.

Crothers: Well....*moves mouse to disconnect*

fdhelmin: *retries call*

fdhelmin: *pm's crothers* what happened?

Crothers: I don't know *moves mouse to disconnect*

fdhelmin: OMG...I guess his internet is messed up....

thats a good idea van. more incentives to donate...

we can easily add more admin skins, and i believe it is simple to set up different groups in mani web admin-- a special skin for reserved slot buyers, and special skin for donators, and a other special skin for admins

in fact on the D2DM server, they already did that

Umm bort we added a skin in, Now to make that work for the resverlot only and one work for admin only will be tricky. I will look at the server to see if I can make it do that at all. But I don't think you can with out making a script.

Get your ass coding nickle! ;)

Just thought of a good idea. I don't know if we have a random map server but we should get a 32 slot random map server. That way people can buy admin on it and do votes and do map changes if given the ability to do so. That would be something to work for as an admin. Gain trust to do be able to change the map etc....

o.0 Just a small idea. I would love to be an admin on a server like that. That way I could get use to all maps, instead of being so active on the office server, lol.

Just thought of a good idea. I don't know if we have a random map server but we should get a 32 slot random map server. That way people can buy admin on it and do votes and do map changes if given the ability to do so. That would be something to work for as an admin. Gain trust to do be able to change the map etc....

o.0 Just a small idea. I would love to be an admin on a server like that. That way I could get use to all maps, instead of being so active on the office server, lol.

yeah, we have the custom server that has had free admin in the past...

That would be a little something called the custom server that is dead! come on guys, we need to get custom back up! but ya van, some good idea's there. I've really seen the donation's start to slow down a lot. If we can think of creative ideas like van's coming up with I think we could do better.