Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Roll Tide! War Eagle! Alabama-Auburn stands apart (AP)

Champ Kind

hells to the yeah...

WAR EAGLE!!!

"If Auburn wins, the Auburn guy, no matter how low his status in life might be, will think he's a better person than an Alabama doctor or heart surgeon," he said. "It's the same if Alabama wins. But that's just not true either way. People internalize it too much. It's not good enough for my team to win. I want you to know your team lost. That is a problem."

that is such a lie... now most Alabama guys are sore losers. No matter what they have an excuse, but this right here... I don't know anyone that acts or feels like that. (not saying there isnt any though)

Edited by JarHeaD

Beating Bama by 1 point, real impressive. That No. 2 ranking is gonna slip away so fast.....

maybe so but we beat LSU, bama didnt, we beat South Carolina bama didnt, .... and then we beat bama.... if anything bama shouldnt be ranked 11 before today... now to beat So. Carolina again and then national championship :D

you dont know that now do you... you dont know me.... wow man see... this is an alabama fan... taking everything offensively .... i know not to post on these type of post around here anymore. 9 out of 10 people when they talk about their favorite team refer to it as "we".... but you wouldnt know that..... the end... all im saying about it. oh... one more thing "WE" won still LOL

I don't recall being offended? I don't deny it was a kick ass game. See, this is the common additude of an Auburn fan. They QQ when they lose, the QQ when they win, and their quarterback payed to play.

I don't deny it was a great game. But seriously, one point isn't divine intervention. This is the exact reason why I hate this rivalry so much. Everyone down here takes it wayyyy to serious.

Now the Chicago Cubs and that other team on the south side, now thats a rivalry. :)

I don't recall being offended? I don't deny it was a kick ass game. See, this is the common additude of an Auburn fan. They QQ when they lose, the QQ when they win, and their quarterback payed to play.

I don't deny it was a great game. But seriously, one point isn't divine intervention. This is the exact reason why I hate this rivalry so much. Everyone down here takes it wayyyy to serious.

Now the Chicago Cubs and that other team on the south side, now thats a rivalry. :)

You're pretty spot on with your definition of the general "fan" response. Admittedly, I have no idea how it is in the actual state but 2 friends from high school recently graduated from Alabama and are the nastiest shit talkers I've ever heard. I could only imagine what it's like for fans down there, especially the Auburn fans who have watched Alabama return to the top of their game in the last few years.

The only problem I've got with what you've said is that it was ONLY one point. Despite Auburn being ranked higher and undefeated, Alabama was favored by 4 points this weekend and there are plenty of people who took them to win instead of Auburn. As someone who has followed Auburn back since the Cadillac Williams/Ronnie Brown days I even expected Alabama to run away with that game.

You're pretty spot on with your definition of the general "fan" response. Admittedly, I have no idea how it is in the actual state but 2 friends from high school recently graduated from Alabama and are the nastiest shit talkers I've ever heard. I could only imagine what it's like for fans down there, especially the Auburn fans who have watched Alabama return to the top of their game in the last few years.

The only problem I've got with what you've said is that it was ONLY one point. Despite Auburn being ranked higher and undefeated, Alabama was favored by 4 points this weekend and there are plenty of people who took them to win instead of Auburn. As someone who has followed Auburn back since the Cadillac Williams/Ronnie Brown days I even expected Alabama to run away with that game.

Like I said, it was a kickass game, and yea, maybe I am being a bit of a downer for saying it was just one point. Yea, I can see why AU fans are so hyped about this victory. I guess I just have a wierd view of it.

As far as how bad it is in state,I'll just say this. I've had to go to several fight calls over Alabama and Auburn. I managed to piss off a state trooper asking him who he liked. Couples regularly fight over it during Iron Bowl. It's taken that seriously here.