Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Changes to the server

digitalshot

I've noticed a lot of changes have been made to the Team Fortress 2 servers. The main one is showing that there are 23/24 players in the server when there are actually about 16. I think this is a great idea and would like to thank whoever thought of doing this. The servers that Dirty makes don't usually become populated. Now with that new feature added, I've noticed that there are a lot more players in these servers than there used to be.

Also I love the new Control Point server. Me and a couple of friends have been playing in that instead of Hoodoo all the time.

If I'm going to be honest, I REALLY hate that "23/24 players" thing. Now I have to look at the server details and count all the names that I know aren't the bots. I don't know about most people, but whenever I join a server that shows an almost full server and then has no one on it, I leave immediately. There's a reason Valve made servers display actual player count, it's just that they need to fix it since it broke during the recent updates.

I'd like it otherwise if there was a better way for me to find out exactly how many human players were on a server at any particular time.

If I'm going to be honest, I REALLY hate that "23/24 players" thing. Now I have to look at the server details and count all the names that I know aren't the bots. I don't know about most people, but whenever I join a server that shows an almost full server and then has no one on it, I leave immediately. There's a reason Valve made servers display actual player count, it's just that they need to fix it since it broke during the recent updates.

I'd like it otherwise if there was a better way for me to find out exactly how many human players were on a server at any particular time.

Yeah it can get annoying sometimes. I don't particularly care if the server is empty, I can always get my friends to join me and fill it up pretty quickly.