Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[RESOLVED - Unbanned] STEAM_0:0:5271916 (yay)

yay

1. Your in-game name:

yay

2. Server that you where banned on:

24/7 OFFICE N00b Training Facility -- HeLLsGamers 100TICK HLst

3. The Banning admin:

Not sure

4. Time of Ban:

11/25/08 - 11:45PM EST

5. Your Steam-Id:

STEAM_0:0:5271916

6. Reason for ban:

Alleged Wallhacks

Explanation:

I was T, and we were holed up in the projector room. I had an AK, and I was by the broken table. I was strafing in and out the doorway, enough so that I could see the trashcan/computer area in the T spawn. I just kept firing whenever I peeked out an inch. I got a ton of kills this way.

I have really good headphones, so I can tell when someone is coming around the corner, or jumping on that desk. If there's a demo of this, I could point out a few things. One is this:

Sometimes there were CTs at the end of the hallway (that faces the garage window). I didn't see them on the first strafe out, and only got them once I strafed all the way to the other side of the door and peeked out and shot them once I noticed them.

Second: I missed plenty of shots, many when nobody was out there. I was just prefiring. I had 17 bullets left total at the end of the round. With 15 CTs playing, combined with good headphones and a lot of cs_office experience, it's not too surprising to get a lot of prefired kills.

I guess what I was doing was a bit suspicious, but I think if you have a demo and review it carefully, you'll notice that nothing was out of the ordinary other than a slightly lucky prefirery round. Anyways, let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.

1. Your in-game name:

yay

2. Server that you where banned on:

24/7 OFFICE N00b Training Facility -- HeLLsGamers 100TICK HLst

3. The Banning admin:

Not sure

4. Time of Ban:

11/25/08 - 11:45PM EST

5. Your Steam-Id:

6. Reason for ban:

Alleged Wallhacks

Explanation:

I was T, and we were holed up in the projector room. I had an AK, and I was by the broken table. I was strafing in and out the doorway, enough so that I could see the trashcan/computer area in the T spawn. I just kept firing whenever I peeked out an inch. I got a ton of kills this way.

I have really good headphones, so I can tell when someone is coming around the corner, or jumping on that desk. If there's a demo of this, I could point out a few things. One is this:

Sometimes there were CTs at the end of the hallway (that faces the garage window). I didn't see them on the first strafe out, and only got them once I strafed all the way to the other side of the door and peeked out and shot them once I noticed them.

Second: I missed plenty of shots, many when nobody was out there. I was just prefiring. I had 17 bullets left total at the end of the round. With 15 CTs playing, combined with good headphones and a lot of cs_office experience, it's not too surprising to get a lot of prefired kills.

I guess what I was doing was a bit suspicious, but I think if you have a demo and review it carefully, you'll notice that nothing was out of the ordinary other than a slightly lucky prefirery round. Anyways, let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.

To be honest, I've watched you before and you can not hear these guys in the room over, lol so don't say you got good headphones. I actually had 3 people report you before I started observing you. I was actually observing someone else HENCE the name of the demo, lol. If this is not enough proof, I understand. However, I think it will show just enough to prove he was hacking. I told them NOT to voteban him but yet EVERYONE was vote banning him quickly so I made a decision and banned him. I stopped the demo to start another one but decided to give him a 1 day ban so he wouldn't get vote banned for even a shorter period of time. I don't think for one second it's your ears that were doing the talking here. Unless you just got really lucky, the way you moved back and forth it seemed like you knew where every person was in the office. I call Walling here and that is the only thing I can get you on. I was demoing someone else when I got to the 3rd demo I observed Yay due to requests to do so.

Did my best but didn't truly have time to get as much proof as I would have liked to have gotten. I only banned him for a day just in case this isn't approved.

Best Regards,

Shottymcracken =)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/15d833/n/stainz3_dem

Download it using basic, you don't have to sign up. :jjk:

I can hear everyone. I have $200 headphones; I can hear footsteps from almost anywhere half the map away. In that demo, if you turn on sv_cheats, snd_visualize and snd_show then you'll clearly see that all the CTs were making noise. I can hear all those footsteps easily. All I was doing was responding to those sounds by prefiring where I thought they would appear.

I do admit that that demo is a bit suspicious; it really is hard to tell exactly what I'm doing because everything is happening so fast, and I play really twitchy and shoot at everything that makes sound. Ultimately, it was just a lucky round of well-timed prefiring. If you watch me play other times, I often prefire and miss, or I'll shoot at or track any moving object, like teammates or flying objects.

I have been playing a long time, so hopefully you can see that I am just playing very smart, instead of doing anything against the rules. I feel I am a mature player and I'll try to work closely with you guys to work out this issue. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.

I can hear everyone. I have $200 headphones; I can hear footsteps from almost anywhere half the map away. In that demo, if you turn on sv_cheats, snd_visualize and snd_show then you'll clearly see that all the CTs were making noise. I can hear all those footsteps easily. All I was doing was responding to those sounds by prefiring where I thought they would appear.

I do admit that that demo is a bit suspicious; it really is hard to tell exactly what I'm doing because everything is happening so fast, and I play really twitchy and shoot at everything that makes sound. Ultimately, it was just a lucky round of well-timed prefiring. If you watch me play other times, I often prefire and miss, or I'll shoot at or track any moving object, like teammates or flying objects.

I have been playing a long time, so hopefully you can see that I am just playing very smart, instead of doing anything against the rules. I feel I am a mature player and I'll try to work closely with you guys to work out this issue. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks.

Ye sorry I was demoing someone else to the poster above this.

Anyways, we'll let the council respond and see what they say. If they approve, then you're banned. If not, then you're unbanned and good to go. Have a good-1.

Meh I don't think that's good enough... He was prefiring every time and seriously there are always ct's in those two spots elbow and that other place bridge i think cant remember but its so easy to kill people there u simply prefire right out there and boom headshot. all i gotta say. kthxbye

Meh I don't think that's good enough... He was prefiring every time and seriously there are always ct's in those two spots elbow and that other place bridge i think cant remember but its so easy to kill people there u simply prefire right out there and boom headshot. all i gotta say. kthxbye

Not true at all. He went EXACTLY to their locations without throwing flashes or anything, if I can remember right. I'm in W.V. right now and my computer is on battery right now so I'm not on long. Anyways, I think the way he was moving was properly showing he knew exactly their locations. But like I said, I'll let the council take care of it. Until then, when I'm on the server if I ever see his steam id on again (I check status every few hours), I'll ban him for 7 days until someone takes care of him or replies and tells me what the verdict is. Thnx. =):jjk:

Like I said, I was prefiring everywhere, which doesn't require me knowing where they are. If they are there, then they die. If not, I hit the wall. This happened all the time. Also, I can hear everything. I know generally where everyone on the map is because of this. Combine this with prefiring, and I can hit people without seeing them. I am aiming at sounds and locations, not people. This is how good prefiring works.

I played yesterday without incident. I had fun and did just as well and nobody complained.

Just saying, banning for wallhacks on OFFICE should ALWAYS be night and day obvious hacks only. When you play one map over and over, the spots become obvious as he mentioned. Unless they're locked on to the moving player really obviously through a wall when you've got wire frames on or something similarly obvious, it's stupid to call hacks. It's better to let a few hackers get away with it than it is to ban good players who weren't doing anything, remember that. If you're really convinced this guy is hacking, spec him more and come up with a good demo that PROVES it clearly, not some video of prefiring in common locations as that's, well, common...

Just saying, banning for wallhacks on OFFICE should ALWAYS be night and day obvious hacks only. When you play one map over and over, the spots become obvious as he mentioned. Unless they're locked on to the moving player really obviously through a wall when you've got wire frames on or something similarly obvious, it's stupid to call hacks. It's better to let a few hackers get away with it than it is to ban good players who weren't doing anything, remember that. If you're really convinced this guy is hacking, spec him more and come up with a good demo that PROVES it clearly, not some video of prefiring in common locations as that's, well, common...

Lmao, alright guess it was solved and unbanned. I'll watch him closely when he's in and if it's ever suspected again FROM MANY people (unusual with them being serious) then I'll ban. I usually NEVER ban btw and letting people like car2oon and others get away with stuff, ha. Never. I like Car2oon but know at times he could be hacking but have never bothered because he's been on the server for so long and SO MANY back him and he's been unbanned too many times. If this guy is hacking, he'll eventually be caught.

:drama::dj::lock:

P.S. Your post is retarded, you're basically saying people can hack and get away with it if they are good at hacking which tbh some are and do get away with it on our servers, lol. It's sad really. People like you are letting them get away with it too cause they aren't "obvious" lol. It's all good. He was unbanned anyways because he was only banned for a day due to the awaiting approval of a council member.

Edited by HG | Shottymcracken