Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Jailbreak Server Team Balancer

databomb

I've released a plugin that automates the team balancing on jailbreak servers so admins don't have to worry about it. Here is a link to the official thread:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=149632

Thought your admins might find it useful. If you have any feature suggestions I'd be happy to listen to them as well.

If you'd like me to add support for HG's team/CT bans plugin I'd need the cookie name and the version cvar of the plugin. I could do the custom build for you, all I ask for in return is a hat :o

Personally i don't like the idea because a good lead ct may be switched, rather than someone without a mic at all

I completely agree, I don't see how you can code something to get around this little hiccup...

Crosshair probably could, but then again he has lifehacks..

I don't think this has every been a problem. If theres a bad CT he's switched. Theres almost always a few admins in there. Also if this had come up before i think Crosshair would have at least thought about it. Since theres no way to know which ct is actually leading and which are not (mod wise) I don't think it will be used.

This might help, but is it possible to choose WHO gets switched, like by vote?

That would be the same thing as !votefk then, or at least thats how they would use it. That has been removed because it was abused and caused more chaos than it solved.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, ultimately, there's no substitute for good admins :)

The plugin chooses which CT to switch based on how long they've been on the team. The most recent person to join (and 'break' ratio) is the first person swapped off.

It is possible to detect who has a mic and has been giving orders but it requires much more additional code. I do plan to eventually add this feature so those giving orders are given preference over those not but it's a ways away yet.

Usually the ratio will be fixed within a couple rounds eventually, there's always people joining and leaving so ultimately the ratio can't always be perfect. The main reason the ratio gets off is when an admin switches themselves, or when T's get killed and don't feel like waiting 5 minutes to spawn. Also, just because someone has a mic doesn't make them a horrid CT :/