Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Help/Suggestions With Getting Higher FPS

Kurosaki Ichigo

Okay so I have decided to play Team Fortress 2. But there is only 1 problem with this. I get crazy fps lag and I get fps from 25-50. Now I would like to know if there is a way I can increase my fps besides enabling multicore rendering. Any mods, or some type of program I can use to increase my FPS on TF2 so I can play TF2 again. Here are my computer specs to better explain my situation

Machine name: XW6200-1

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: hp workstation xw6200

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Memory:2048MB RAM

Processor: Intel® Xeon CPU 3.60GHz (4 CPUs)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9600 GSO

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0610&SUBSYS_23851682&REV_A2

Display Memory: 768.0 MB

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

So if you have any suggestions as to how I can raise my FPS please respond to this thread, or send me a pm on Teamspeak 3.

-Happy Gaming

Kurosaki Ichigo.

go to setting, video, advanced(maybe) and lower that graphics to a lower notch. The characters are so differnt in apperance already that you dont need to be able to vieew them in HD, so just lower weather effects, sound and video quality, and experiment to find a no lang, low ping playstyle that fits your liking. Note, you will have to sacrifice some graphic, so choose wisely.

• 3 weeks later...