Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

FiOS vs. DSL

FEBRUARY

Old DSL speeds, taken on 3/22 routed to Portland, Maine (about 100 miles)

1214620890.png

New FiOS speeds, taken on 3/26 routed to Portland.

1221661164.png

We're saving about $50 for FiOS internet and tv instead of Comcast tv with verizon's shitty internet.

Edited by FEBRUARY

FIOS is bad. I mean, its probably why I get high fps because of the fact that FIOS has shitty internet. They make it sound good but in reality, its crappy as fuck.

fps has nothing to do with your ISP.

and nick, i meant verizon's not verizon

Verizon has the best Internet Quality, and most Advance in the Nation.

Verizon spent more than $15 Billions to upgrade their FIOS in the Nation 5 years ago, maybe AT&t should spend $30 Billions in fixing its Network and Internet to b pair with Verizon Speed and Quality,

But people have different opinions, the fact is that Verizon does Wins in the majority of tests conducted by Private Organizations.

Overall Verizon is the #1 Quality and Speed, Comcast comes close second on the Internet section, DSL is not that good,

I don't understand, everyone in the thread is saying "Verizon sucks" yet the speed is higher on Verizon than any other (U.S.) company.

When I'm directly connected to my router I get the 30/15 we pay for, the TV service is fine except for the UI, XD

I don't understand, everyone in the thread is saying "Verizon sucks" yet the speed is higher on Verizon than any other (U.S.) company.

When I'm directly connected to my router I get the 30/15 we pay for, the TV service is fine except for the UI, XD

Haters gonna Hate

This. You guys are all complaining about internet speed when you have some of the best speeds in the US. Don't worry , happy.

Verizon's high speed internet sucks. We paid about $120 a month for this and comcast tv, and the first speeds I got were from this so called "high speed"

FiOS is good for what I've experienced so far, and my mom works for Verizon so if we need anything she'll do it for us or help us with it.

Edited by FEBRUARY

well, my opinion was severely damaged by the rest of the fios services verizon had to offer and that we payed for. i mean, i guess the internet was up to my high standards, but coupled with the fact that the phone worked less than 50% of the time and the tv froze almost every hour while i go through the menu, i found it hard to be positive about their internet.

You cannot compare dsl service to fios.

Apples and oranges.

Totally different technologies.

If you say you were paying 120 for dsl, you are not telling the truth. 120 for dsl simply doesnt happen.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/HighSpeedInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

Sorry, I clearly wasn't thinking straight when I said that. It was around $120 for the DSL and Comcast combined, because we didn't have a home phone to come with it.

We started the plan years ago anyways, and since then the bundled packages have gone down.

my b.