Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Router Overheating

Rudabaga

By p2p, I mean programs like limewire, frostwire, utorrent, vuze, etc... Usual programs that are used for filesharing. You could try unplugging the router power cable for 30 seconds then replugging it back in.

I have Vtune on, could that be a problem?

If your router is overheating, I suggest a few things to try and give feedback on whether they work.

- It very well could be an issue with where you have it positioned, try to avoid having full contact with whatever it's situated on, prop it up higher up.

- Place it in a better ventilated area.

- Could have dust accumulated inside of it, as Faded said it wouldn't hurt to use a small amount of pressurized air to clean it out.

- Don't worry about Vtune being the problem, in most cases it's the weather outside conflicting with the inside temperature and the position in which you have the router causing it to overheat, not software.

tl;dr either put it under a fan or in a better ventilated area farther away from whatever it's settled on. Most cases there is air leaving through the bottom of it and most of it coming back up and heating the router due to not having enough space between the bottom of the router and whatever table it's on. Good luck.