Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A gaming pc laptop

Phate

Laptops arent for gaming..i rather get a deskopt.But since your asking for a "gaming laptop" dont get alienware since theyre expensive and arent that worthed by the price.Im not sure wich one to recomend you since laptops arent that good at gaming i rather get a deskopt but is your choice i will check some laptops and post it here.

Laptops arent for gaming

not true, its all about preference. If your going to use it for more than gaming i can see why you would want a laptop cause they are handy, but for strictly gaming for $1200 you could build a great Rig.

But if your strictly looking for a laptop heres a suggestion of my own:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152203

Edited by AnonyHorse

How do I make a nice rig?

I can still use my POS Mac laptop for lan parties and portable shit. But for home, a rig would be worth it. Do we have a how to? Can anyone give me tips?

Edited by Phate

not true, its all about preference. If your going to use it for more than gaming i can see why you would want a laptop cause they are handy, but for strictly gaming for $1200 you could build a great Rig.

Well he prefers a laptop for gaming he didnt say anything else and if you want a "gaming laptop" even the best one you might find doesnt compare to a gaming deskopt.Wich was what i mean besdies you can change the parts way easy.

Besides i rather buy the parts for a deskopt and build it myself way cheaper.

But if your strictly looking for a laptop heres a suggestion of my own:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152203

Well he prefers a laptop for gaming he didnt say anything else and if you want a "gaming laptop" even the best one you might find doesnt compare to a gaming deskopt.Wich was what i mean besdies you can change the parts way easy.

Besides i rather buy the parts for a deskopt and build it myself way cheaper.

No need to argue, just tell me how to make a good rig

I don't recommend getting a laptop for gaming

Agreed.

Although if you're still persistent on a gaming laptop, look into Alienware laptops.

They have a higher cost than what your looking for but I guarantee you they're great for gaming.

But since your asking for a "gaming laptop" dont get alienware since theyre expensive and arent that worthed by the price.

Don't listen to him, he's crazy :P

And I have I.T qualifications =P

I am looking for a $1200 or less gaming laptop capable of running source games. I need it to be 15.4 inches or more. Any ideas?

Hate to interject but laptop's are not bad at all for gaming. Personally i've been playing CS:S with a Sony Vaio laptop for more than half a year now. I haven't even bought an external usb mouse, I play high sensitivity with the laptop's touchpad. Anyways, I suggest getting a Sony Vaio like myself, definitely has my needs met for gaming. Alienware is fine but unnecessary and expensive. They usually range from $600-$1600, I currently use the VPC-F121GX which cost me a little over $1,000. Here's a link: http://www.clearanceclub.com/products/11432-VAIO-VPC-F121GX-B

I don't know any good gaming laptops, but for 12000 if you buy the parts and put it together yourself you can get a nice desktop, I have a good desktop for like 800 - 900 from newegg, that I manually built.

DANG SON!!!! $12,000 dollar computer....shit the stuff I would do...

ANYWAY!

for $1,200 I recommend building one on your own. Don't worry it's not hard at all, it's just like a puzzle really. I would hit up with TerryTaco about building comps and finding good deals. If you want to look into it you can, I personally recommend these 2 websites http://www.tigerdirect.com and http://www.newegg.com

I am looking for a $1200 or less gaming laptop capable of running source games. I need it to be 15.4 inches or more. Any ideas?

LOL. Listen to everyone, laptops are not meant for gaming. Build yourself a desktop. But i can make one that will rape source games just wait.