Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 8

irobot443

hey guys

i got windows 8 pre beta build and it is pretty cool but they havent done much yet you can see that at the bottom right there is something diffrent there and the desktop wallpaper is so funny

i will add more pics later when i find more stuff on this os i am on

UPDATE, the file explorer has a diffrent layout

Says what program is running at the top of the program

nc14zn.png

333a8ig.png

Edited by irobot443

Windows 8 is probably going to be horrible. Microsoft has a marketing strategy to release a buggy/bad version of an operating system, every other one.

True.

For example, XP was (still is) amazing.

Vista licked the under part of my scrotum

Win7 Pooped on everything else.

Win8 Make everyone with windows 7 feel outdated

????NEXT????

True.

For example, XP was (still is) amazing.

Vista licked the under part of my scrotum

Win7 Pooped on everything else.

Win8 Make everyone with windows 7 feel outdated

????NEXT????

Correlation does not imply causation...

<<

I see a lot of benefits already in the pre-release versions but mind you, this is still in development stage so I would agree there would be bugs (or lots of them)

so funny to see so many people speculate how stable or good an operating system WILL BE when it's still in development... and for that matter criticise one of most succcesful software companies in the world.

All companies have problems, no one is without exception...

>>

Looks like Windows 7.

yeah it's because a lot of the graphical changes come later... this is a development build .. as far as I hear

there's also a good chance it'll look similar to Windows Vista-7 (akin to Windows ME and Win2000)

but who knows... this is just a developmental build -.-

yeah it's because a lot of the graphical changes come later... this is a development build .. as far as I hear

there's also a good chance it'll look similar to Windows Vista-7 (akin to Windows ME and Win2000)

but who knows... this is just a developmental build -.-

That's true.

A lot of things could change. The build is not even up in the 8xxx yet.

Correlation does not imply causation...

<<

I see a lot of benefits already in the pre-release versions but mind you, this is still in development stage so I would agree there would be bugs (or lots of them)

so funny to see so many people speculate how stable or good an operating system WILL BE when it's still in development... and for that matter criticise one of most succcesful software companies in the world.

All companies have problems, no one is without exception...

>>

I dunno about that. At the specific company I worked for, I could speculate the level of stability, customer reception to certain features and "features" and number of hi-sev bugs at launch within a 10% margin and be right on the money. I didn't even work in development, but I knew the chemistry of the company quite well.

Microsoft has been successful because they started up with questionable legitimacy, and moved to fill a niche that hadn't been tapped yet. They don't have to be good to remain successful. They just have to have more coding hours than *Nix developers.

Either way, I've been really happy with 7 so far, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on an alpha/beta release of 8, along with some actual free time to play with it.

I dunno about that. At the specific company I worked for, I could speculate the level of stability, customer reception to certain features and "features" and number of hi-sev bugs at launch within a 10% margin and be right on the money. I didn't even work in development, but I knew the chemistry of the company quite well.

Microsoft has been successful because they started up with questionable legitimacy, and moved to fill a niche that hadn't been tapped yet. They don't have to be good to remain successful. They just have to have more coding hours than *Nix developers.

Either way, I've been really happy with 7 so far, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on an alpha/beta release of 8, along with some actual free time to play with it.

I agree with you on that aspect, in fact, what Microsoft has done in some instances have been ethically questionable or possibly illegal.

However, I just don't think as a person [who cannot code operating systems can speculate (I know I can't)] how well an OS will end up being. It just becomes opinion...

Alas, this is where bigotry and fanatcism can start, when someone thinks they can tell others which operating system is better without [a] detailed reason(s) or objective testing.

This is the point where I steer clear away from comparisons and speculations because there will be always some Mac or *nix bigot(s) burning M$/Wind0ze or vice versa.