Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Request] How to make demoes into uploadable youtube content

Tommo

For the past few months i have been trying to mess around with this shit.

But either the quality is shit or the sound is off, it just wont work properly.

I just want to be able to take the .demo files and make them so i can upload them to youtube. I couldn't care less about fancy editing.

Things i have tried:

Virtualdub

startmovie xxxx.avi avi (in console)

Recording with fraps onto when playing back the demo.

Virtualdub wont let me sync the audio.

The startmovie wont work.

Fraps is shit quality

So i am requesting;

Could a HellsGamer make a nice pictured guide? Or at least post some links to some other sites.

I have spent hours on youtube and stuff. This is my final desperate attempt.

Thank you guys in advance,

Tommo

fraps works fine for me.

Just make sure you have the full version..

The thing you need to make sure if when you render your video, to have it in as highest possible resolution.

I have got the full version of fraps.

What do you use to render with?

il tell you how i do it but its kinda complicated so .....

first i record the demo ,

play demo and record it with fraps

and after that i put the .avi into Sony Vegas Pro 9 (has lots of editing shit and the price for it is????only 600$)

after that put the render settings to 1920x1080 or 1280x720 ,render it ...done

I could do it for you tommo just ask :)

il tell you how i do it but its kinda complicated so .....

first i record the demo ,

play demo and record it with fraps

and after that i put the .avi into Sony Vegas Pro 9 (has lots of editing shit and the price for it is????only 600$)

after that put the render settings to 1920x1080 or 1280x720 ,render it ...done

I could do it for you tommo just ask :)

I will experiment with sony vegas later on then. Thank you evolution!

What resolution do you put counter strike as, when you record it with fraps?

Alright.

I will try .wmv

But fuck me there is a lot of different render options D:

K il post pics , il edit this post later

EDIT : Pics below and leave the Index/Summary page empty deselect anything that is checked

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by 3V0Lu710N

• 2 weeks later...

I find the best way to record from a demo is to follow these steps (I will provide screenshots sometime soon):

1. Save the demo (obviously)

2. Play the demo back and record with the full version of FRAPS. Each minute of 720p is going to be about 2.8GB, and that scales pretty well (so half of that, 360p, should be 1.4GB)

3. Download and install Handbrake [Download]

4. Open up handbrake and set the FRAPS recorded demo as the source.

5. Use the following settings:

- Video Codec: MPEG-4 (FFmpeg)

- Framerate (FPS): 29.97 (Don't ask me why, it's just what you should use)

- Average Bitrate: 15500

- Container: MP4

Keep everything else as default (Unless of course the video resolution isn't right [check the picture menu], in which case set it to Strict. It should set the resolution to default.)

I'll warn you, the output size is going to be pretty large. My one minute video I'm uploading currently and will link you to as a test was 115MB, and it's only a minute long.

The video will encode pretty slowly; if you record at 60FPS and down-stream it to 29.97, it should record at around 20-50FPS depending on the CPU you have. I encode at 45FPS average with the Phenom II X4 965 BE. Anyone with something like an i5 2500K or an i7 920 will encode significantly faster.

If the resulting video has no audio/buggy audio, then you should download and install K-Lite Video Pack [Download]. It will ensure you have every codec possible which should correct the issue. I can't guarantee that will work though, but Handbrake should do the job without the codec pack.

EDIT:

I'm not sure what the F*** YouTube is doing with their uploading encoder, but these settings are fine when you play them on your side, but then they get garbled on YouTube's side. Going to have to make a major complaint about it... The Crysis 2 video I linked was uploaded with these exact settings, yet now it's getting completely screwed when it gets uploaded.

This video is the one I was going to put up as an example for this exact tutorial. The video isn't absolutely horrible, I just am not happy with how YouTube's encoder de-interlaces it and basically chops the bitrate down to 3Mbps (1/5 of the original).

[Youtube]CVTlVb5Eb4s[/Youtube]

Edited by Derragon
Added CSS YouTube Video

I find the best way to record from a demo is to follow these steps (I will provide screenshots sometime soon):

1. Save the demo (obviously)

2. Play the demo back and record with the full version of FRAPS. Each minute of 720p is going to be about 2.8GB, and that scales pretty well (so half of that, 360p, should be 1.4GB)

3. Download and install Handbrake [Download]

4. Open up handbrake and set the FRAPS recorded demo as the source.

5. Use the following settings:

- Video Codec: MPEG-4 (FFmpeg)

- Framerate (FPS): 29.97 (Don't ask me why, it's just what you should use)

- Average Bitrate: 15500

- Container: MP4

Keep everything else as default (Unless of course the video resolution isn't right [check the picture menu], in which case set it to Strict. It should set the resolution to default.)

I'll warn you, the output size is going to be pretty large. My one minute video I'm uploading currently and will link you to as a test was 115MB, and it's only a minute long.

The video will encode pretty slowly; if you record at 60FPS and down-stream it to 29.97, it should record at around 20-50FPS depending on the CPU you have. I encode at 45FPS average with the Phenom II X4 965 BE. Anyone with something like an i5 2500K or an i7 920 will encode significantly faster.

If the resulting video has no audio/buggy audio, then you should download and install K-Lite Video Pack [Download]. It will ensure you have every codec possible which should correct the issue. I can't guarantee that will work though, but Handbrake should do the job without the codec pack.

EDIT:

I'm not sure what the F*** YouTube is doing with their uploading encoder, but these settings are fine when you play them on your side, but then they get garbled on YouTube's side. Going to have to make a major complaint about it... The Crysis 2 video I linked was uploaded with these exact settings, yet now it's getting completely screwed when it gets uploaded.

I also give this a go, thank you!