Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hiatus

Provin requested I makes a thread just in case something went wrong, but I'm an aspiring CS/CE student (Computer Science/Computer Engineering) and I do plan to take these classes in the fall so I'm going to be removing Windows as a main Operating System of my desktop computer (really my gaming computer). The operating system I'll be using now is Linux. More specific Arch Linux. While I was told that CS:S/Steam doesn't work well in Wine (the windows emulator), I was hoping this wouldn't destroy my recruitment period within the HG community. (Not playing the games required) While Provin is explaining me something different, I'd feel making this thread would explain to anyone in case I wasn't able to get Steam to work under Wine.

Any questions, comments, death threats, your mothers phone numbers; please, don't hesitate to PM me. (I'll read those before the comments to this post/thread)

~WaRPi[G]

PS, I'm hoping for more numbers than comments but I still love you either way. :DD

Basically, I'm removing Windows as my main Operating system and switching to Linux to further understand it for Career opportunities. I don't know how well CS:S/Steam works in Wine but if it does work, expect me back, I do plan to achieve a higher status within the clan/community. As I said, if there are any questions, I'm in the TeamSpeak, and will further being doing so until roughly 12AM EST time, or GMT -5, however you know the time differences. Please, don't hesitate to ask, I will reply to this thread as much as possible to answer questions.

Over and out,

~ WaRPi[G]