Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Left4dead2.exe has stopped working

Dr.jiggles

Ill start off playing and it randomly crashes usually 1-5 min in the game, then a window message saying Left4dead2.exe has stopped working appears. I have no clue how to stop it from crashing and the message from appearing i have put different setting used vertical sync and defragmented it and etc. This is also a problem i experience with team fortress 2 but i dont experience it with counterstrike source. I have updated my graphic card drivers and it still doesnt work if anyone could give me a solution it would REALLY help.

Intel core 2 quad q9400 oc 3.2

2gd ddr3 1600

evga geforce gtx 280 sc

hmm can you try resetting your L4D2/TF2 configs and see if perhaps it is a setting in there that's causing it? From my experience with these types of errors, they usually indicate memory, drivers or storage errors. (Typically speaking)

navigate to your Steam folder

*\steam\steamapps\%usernamehere%\left4dead2\l4d\

*\steam\steamapps\%usernamehere%\team-fortress2\tf\

You should see a "cfg" folder in both repositories. Delete them.

Restart steam and start your games.