Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Suggest me a new router.

rL10

I am looking for a new router, currently I have a Belkin but I'm looking to upgrade due to small issues with a few games that I play and the way the router assigns IPs, I get connection issues. So I was wondering if any on you (I'm not big on router side) could suggest me a decently, not highly priced, working router.

I guess it depends on your needs.

I've always been a fan with Linksys (and Cisco ones too), d-link (decent but I hear a lot of poor stories about it:( )

Recently, I took one of the older Linksys router (still n though) and flashed with an after-market firmware. It does allow for a lot more flexibility (such as cron jobs or tunnelling points) however it does void your warranty and makes life a tad more difficult when your networking system goes wrong.

I just got a Cisco Linksys E4200 and it's probably the best router I've ever had. Linksys used to be absolutely terrible.

Some perks are the QoS (Quality of Service) settings and the simplicity of port forwarding.

I got a dlink dir-615 (wireless n,b,g) and it works amazing. Top 5 reviewed to. Those cisco are so overpriced....I dont get why so many of u suggest them :/

Although dlink isnt my favorite it got great reviews.

I do prefer netlink/netgear over dlink. But google reviews and youll find what u need.