Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Banning for Racism

RedDevil6193

https://hellsgamers.com/threads/21341-Rules-for-racism

as per rules just for saying stuff once, does not make u ban them right away.

rules r set

warn

and if they repeat then

ban.

seen reports about racism, said once and admins go for the ban right away, where protocol is to warn and if they still do it then ban.

This is primarily for JB admins. Quit jumping the gun on racism. The policy HAS BEEN and will REMAIN that you warn them in admin chat not to use whatever language they are using.

I will say however that if you are in HG as a recruit or member, you have AGREED to HG rules. You will not be banned on first offense, but expect my warning to come in the form of a kick in the ass.

Not true Laz. It is for all servers.

I meant my message specifically was for JB admins (the only server whose admins I work with really). I've seen too often in the JB server that people get banned for 30 minutes for racism off the bat. Not sure if other servers are like that, but I know it's FAR too prevalent in JB.

I understand there are servers out there that do in fact, accept racism.

But I believe its "almost" common sense that racism is a highly sensitive subject and that using such degrading words may offend not 1, but a possibility of many. Just warning them to stop is lenient in my opinion. And depending on how they say such words, then damn right Ill ban them off the bat. Not in all cases but I would also take a screenshot and report them on the forums.

If they nitpick the word, I warn them. Next time? 60 minute ban. Take a SS just in case they try to set me up.

I dont play on JB these days tho, and when I do? Im usually laid back... Too many admins in JB, they can do the work for me.

Hell I must be to nice. I usually say No racism thats a warning. Hear more Say bad as I kick them. Then if they spam it or obviously do it Ban for 2 hours then leave message maybe saying wash your mouth out you have 2 hours to have it clean. *usually message is to long so I say Dirty Mouth Clean it up* :D

But I believe its "almost" common sense that racism is a highly sensitive subject and that using such degrading words may offend not 1, but a possibility of many. Just warning them to stop is lenient in my opinion. And depending on how they say such words, then damn right Ill ban them off the bat.

yes that s why i had to put this thread, it s not about what is your opinion, its about what r the rules for it.

A while back when I first got admin I made a bind that said @NO RACISM or you will be BANNED.

If I see racism on a HG server I just press that bind and then all players in the server have no excuse to be racist, very handy.

My code for said bind:

bind "SEMICOLON" "say @NO RACISM or you will be BANNED"
bind "key" "say message"

Nice thread Devil :)