Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Admins VS Admins.

Bearthug

So coming back to Jailbreak, and playing a few hours here and there, noticed something not quite right.

Forgive me for being so critical. And im sure earlier, there were threads similar to this 1. But im here now, and this is how I feel.

But if an Admin isnt being considerate to the people, for instance, playing some music and people are complaining about it, what would you do? Would you be considerate and stop the music? Or would you be an asshole and keep playing? It says in the MOTD that if someone complains about music, you stop. Right? So if an Admin plays music and people are complaining about it.... But nothing happens, and he keeps on playing music... Lose - Lose situation on both general players and admins. Giving us admins a worse rap than before, and the people getting angrier at HG in general, cause we all love to see 1 small situation and blow it out of proportion by blaming all of those people (HG). Just like how a small group of Muslims killing people around the world; the general public sees all Muslims as the same.

Oh record a demo, and post it up on the forums right? It can take hours before someone takes a look at the report, and by the time they come and see it? The damage is done. The player is probably gone. The players are pissed and probably left to a different server or stopped playing period. Banned? Ok, but for how long? A few hours? Nothing. He comes right back in when we, being there earlier are not there anymore. And its a chain reaction. A cycle we go through every time. Yes, eventually that same guy will be banned for a longer time period... But is it really worth going through all this, just to get 1 person banned for 2+ hours???

Dont get me wrong, I just wrongfully T Listed some guy last night, not being aware of new rules/settings in the Jailbreak server... And ofcourse, my stupidity for not checking out new rules earlier.

But doing things wrong intentionally... I understand HG is huge. There is no way of being 100% organized with this many people. But Jailbreak is 1 of the biggest servers HG has. And many players, good and bad, active and inactive, join HG through Jailbreak.

No disrespect intended. Just expressing my feelings.

Edited by Bearthug
=)

I have to agree with Bearthug. I hate going into JB and eharing awful music being played by an admin and pleas for a mute or for him to stop go ignored because he is apparently above the law.

Why was it such an issue for admins to use powers on other admins?

You sould understand why..

The rule about no admin on admin action seems fine to me as long as there are OBVIOUS exceptions in play. The admin who ignores the complaints of the server because he thinks his song is really really good is the most obvious. Another is an admin AFKing in a full server, rights to kick? Yes, please.

Agreed with Bearthug...look at the abuse report section. Always an admin complaining about being muted - you were muted for a reason, not because other admins are assholes.

Some admins think just because they pay, then can fuck off whenever they want and no one will say anything. It's probably one of the reasons I've played JB less and less or why I only play around certain times that I know abusers won't be on. It seriously ruins the fun of JB. And having a 4 hour demo of a troll admin isn't something that staff wants to look at, I'm sure.

Note to admins who get muted by other admins: If people say your music sucks, it probably does.

I think you guys are misunderstanding what the MOTD means by if people are complaining about the music being played, the person has to stop playing it. Foremost it means more then one or two people are complaining about the music; if thats the case then then the person needs to stop playing it but as an admin you remind other admins and do not take action against them on it. If it is only one or two people complaining then they are free to use the player mute functionality located in the options menu. In short the needs of the majority take precedence over the needs of a handful of people. That being said the exceptions to this rule are if and only if the sound being played violates any other rules set by the server at the time (ex. song is racist or contains banned language), in that case you are allowed to mute the person immediately even if the majority approve of it. However, even in that case it is still not acceptable to mute another admin, you should be taking a demo and posting an abuse report or contact a Division leader or above to come into the game and they will handle the situation appropriately. As far as removing an admin that is AFK from the server, it is not against rules, assuming they are AFK. The reason being that you are not undermining their authority in the server that you have also, in that they are free to reconnect (or switch from spectate) whenever they get back. Muting an admin on the otherhand is directly undermining their authority in the server and stating that you are above them (Which as a paid admin you are not).

Hopefully that brings some clarification.

You did clarify some. I understand more about the admin VS admin rule more now, but then the MOTD needs to change in the way its presented because I am not the only person that misunderstood that 1 specific rule about muting.

And that is just 1 example of admin vs admin. Ill be back for more examples soon...

I dunno, I just feel like muting should be the exception, because admins love to play music everyone hates because they want to hear it, and they cant be muted despite pleas to mute it or mute him. You cant mute the CT in player list because if he gets lead, you wont know till you die for not hearing orders. And when people come to the forums for being muted by an admin, they just look butthurt because they didnt get to hear their music.

Or just ban HLSS/HLDJ for the server. That would fix a lot of problems.

To throw in my 2 cents, i think admin v admin isnt a good thing to have. Mainly because if an admin kicks another admin, in turn that admin can come back and ban the guy. As for muting, that can be debatable. Its a mute, not a kick or a slay or a ban. It just wont let you use your mic. If multiple people are complaining and your going to be an ass about it and keep playing, i think you deserver to be muted. Making an abuse report about is some what acceptable but isn't exactly needed.

Okay so I don't play JB but admins DO report back on abuse reports fast and this clan/community is very efficient. I know many other clans and previous clans where I have had to wait days for my report to even get a reply so you really can't complain about that.

honestly i think admins should be able to mute other dick admins that like to play music that only they like. its true what bear thug said: if you do put up a demo and abuse report, not much will happen, and people will still be upset.

Okay so I don't play JB but admins DO report back on abuse reports fast and this clan/community is very efficient. I know many other clans and previous clans where I have had to wait days for my report to even get a reply so you really can't complain about that.

Maybe in your own experiences, they respond quickly. But know that there are plenty more players out there that receive slower responses. It isnt HG's fault in general; its more or less people being aware of the high volume of reports and requests. And also upper ranks and their tedious tasks resolving these cases... Can get tiring, fast. Understood. By the way, I never complained about that Pedalbin. But I understand where you are coming from.

HG is great. Flaws yes, but who doesnt have flaws? Exactly...

• Executive Council

If its such a problem with an admin mic spamming then contact Division Advisor for the server your in.

Still, follow what was said:

How about get a demo or some kind of proof instead of using commands against each other UNLESS it is critical like mass banning or mass kicking. This should prevent any shenanigans but then again it is jailbreak.