Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

hey all my birthday today... and need help

FukLife

I just woke up this morning with a 21 inch samsung lcd monitor...

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster-p2250-lcd/4507-3174_7-33668558.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

Theres the specs for it ... it's a 60 mhz.

When i am playing i see blurrs when i strafe and bunny hop. I turned off blur inside the advanced options still didn't work. trying to find out a good resolution for this size of monitor and also what to do or what i can do about the blur :)

Lmk would appreciate it thanks

specs say you should be running at 1920x1080...

umm as per the blurr thingy: try allowing the application to control your video settings if it is set to a specific 3d setting in your control panel.

next thing to rule out is your cfg, back it up and delete it. Let css rebuild the settings and try again.

specs say you should be running at 1920x1080...

umm as per the blurr thingy: try allowing the application to control your video settings if it is set to a specific 3d setting in your control panel.

next thing to rule out is your cfg, back it up and delete it. Let css rebuild the settings and try again.

hmm what are you asking me to do basically inside the nvidia control panel? and when i use resolution of 1080 p its to damn small lol

First off, happy birthday! Also check to make sure that the monitor is actually running at 60 hz in the properties in the device manager. If you have the ability to raise the frequency above 60, that would also not be a bad idea. On another note follow what enigma said make sure that your monitor is not overriding the settings of your nvidia control panel.

thanks again for more bday wishes appreciate the love haha....

I dont understand what you are trying to say i go to device manager and bring up the monitor but it doesn't tell me what its running at nor does it have anything to increase the mhz.....and far as enigma i didn't completly understand what he was even trying to tell me to do please explain a little better i'm not that computer smart :P

lol no, I'm not asking you to override anything.

It's just a test

Could you go to

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\%yourusername%\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

Find your 'config.cfg' and 'autoexec.cfg' in it, rename both of them to 'config.bak' and 'autoexec.bak' respectively.

Go back into Source, it will reset all your controls and parametres. Fix your controls to your liking (don't touch the video settings) and try to join, if the problem still persists we know it is not the game causing it but rather a setting in your nvidia control panel

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The reason why you typically want to play at your native resolution is because when you scale down, the monitor relies on interpolation to calculate how to fit your requested amount of pixels in the same space than its native resolution.

Think about it like this, if you had a 12x16 tray and you made lasagna for it. You'd probably want to fill the tray up with the lasagna noodles completely. By choosing a lower resolution, you're using a lower amount of lasagna noodles thus forcing the lasagna to be smaller and less tasty. (I honestly can't think of a good example xD)

hmm what are you asking me to do basically inside the nvidia control panel? and when i use resolution of 1080 p its to damn small lol

I understand that. If you're having problems with the DPI (the font size of the display), you can try adjusting them

>> http://www.lawfirmsoftware.com/support/change_dpi_settings_xp.htm - XP

>> http://www.lawfirmsoftware.com/support/change_dpi_settings_vista.htm - Vista

>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/Make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller - Windows 7

Try playing around with the settings, I'd suggest about a 150% growth in font size. It might just do you good =D

Warning: you'd have to reboot sadly every time it changes :(

lol no, I'm not asking you to override anything.

It's just a test

Could you go to

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\%yourusername%\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

Find your 'config.cfg' and 'autoexec.cfg' in it, rename both of them to 'config.bak' and 'autoexec.bak' respectively.

Go back into Source, it will reset all your controls and parametres. Fix your controls to your liking (don't touch the video settings) and try to join, if the problem still persists we know it is not the game causing it but rather a setting in your nvidia control panel

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The reason why you typically want to play at your native resolution is because when you scale down, the monitor relies on interpolation to calculate how to fit your requested amount of pixels in the same space than its native resolution.

Think about it like this, if you had a 12x16 tray and you made lasagna for it. You'd probably want to fill the tray up with the lasagna noodles completely. By choosing a lower resolution, you're using a lower amount of lasagna noodles thus forcing the lasagna to be smaller and less tasty. (I honestly can't think of a good example xD)

Found the config file but there is no autoexec file at all....theres only config and game cfg

i deleted both

restarted css

and it still is showing the same as i had it before i didnt have to change any settings. And dude you made me hungry haha!!!

So maybe this file is somewere else that you are talking about?

I ran search on the file you specified and it did not find any matches.

hmm...

What resolution are you running at?

1920 x 1080 now.... native... but inside css i am running at 1680 x 1050 because native is way to small as i said .. i can try dpi later but i'm sure thats not causeing the blurrs. I had it set to 1080p as well on css and still had blurs.