Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

ATI 6950 or GTX 560 TI/570

F34rTheV3n0m

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If moneys not an issue the GTX 580 Classified is going to dominate BF3. its about $600 but they just sold out not too long ago on newegg.

the GTX 580 However is only about $100 more than the 570 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130587

Oh yea, send me your old one <3

My old GFX card is on-board on my desktop lol, I'm using my new laptop atm.

From what i read from the PCFormat Magazine. They are very close. But overall it is best to get 2x GTX 570. Only getting one wont do much for what you will want to be doing in the next couple of years.

In a year or so, I will get a 2nd card of w-e I will get. It's the fact that there is really no need for 2 of such great cards atm.

I'm sure 1 GTX 570 can run bf3 close to max.

1 GTX 570 or 1 6950 will run BF3 well. I don't understand the obsession with "maxing" out a game on a budget, but either way, if your CPU is fast and you got plenty of memory, it will run good with either card.

Here's a chart with new cards showing performance on BF2, probably not a bad idea to judge performance based on this.

imageview.php?image=30271

1 GTX 570 or 1 6950 will run BF3 well. I don't understand the obsession with "maxing" out a game on a budget, but either way, if your CPU is fast and you got plenty of memory, it will run good with either card.

Here's a chart with new cards showing performance on BF2, probably not a bad idea to judge performance based on this.

god has spoken!

If moneys not an issue the GTX 580 Classified is going to dominate BF3. its about $600 but they just sold out not too long ago on newegg.

the GTX 580 However is only about $100 more than the 570 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130587

Oh yea, send me your old one <3

heres the problem i find with that gtx 580 for $600!

The gtx 590 is $100 more and is more powerful than the classified gtx580.

The gtx580 has 3gb of memory vs 1.5 of the normal gtx580,

But more memory doesn't mean more power.

The classified gtx 580 will give u 4 fps more than the normal gtx 580,

The gtx 590 will give 20 fps more than the normal gtx 580

gtx 590 is 2 gtx570 sli.

The gtx580 has 3gb of memory vs 1.5 of the normal gtx580,

But more memory doesn't mean more power.

The classified gtx 580 will give u 4 fps more than the normal gtx 580,

The gtx 590 will give 20 fps more than the normal gtx 580

gtx 590 is 2 gtx570 sli.

Yea, after looking at a few reviews the regular 580 is just a better choice.

Yea, after looking at a few reviews the regular 580 is just a better choice.

I recommend to get a gtx 590. Is more money but this card is gonna b on top until Q4 2012- 2013

Nvidia always start the year with low cards, expect the next 6 series not to beat the 590 until the 690 arrives, and yet the 690 will probably have a 10% more beef than the 590.

High end cards are good value, bcause u will b good without upgrading for 3- 4 years.

if u get a 570 for $ 340 then u save money now, but after 1 year the 570's are gonna end up outdated,

The 590 and 580 are cards that u wanna buy,