Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

We need some events!

Weeman

So I know strat division is small, but its only going to stay that way if we dont give it some love. I need to see some events, we have enough people to get some going but we haven't sat down and thought of a full event, and run it. Now I know there are some issues when it comes to events in games like these, player skill gaps are a very big setback, But there are ways to make it fun for everybody such as midwar madness and other variants of that. Either way if you have an idea for event regarding the strategy division contact me or Prime.

My idea for event:

Hobbes plays a level 18 Janna and we all start as level 1 alistar. let the games begin.

One that I thought of could take a bit of investment on the part of the players. It's aimed at recruiting new players to League of Legends who are in HG or friends of. The idea is that anyone who is interested in League but hasn't quite committed to an account yet, makes one for an event. In tandem, old players both in/out of strategy divisions make their own "smurf" accounts fresh off from level 1. We then host matches in Dominion (Classic takes too long) between people who are both new to the game and who are simply on fresh accounts (takes away the rune/mastery/champion selection advantage) so that we can both have fun together but also teach people the ins and outs of the game. It would take some convincing and management, but I think we could get it done.

One that I thought of could take a bit of investment on the part of the players. It's aimed at recruiting new players to League of Legends who are in HG or friends of. The idea is that anyone who is interested in League but hasn't quite committed to an account yet, makes one for an event. In tandem, old players both in/out of strategy divisions make their own "smurf" accounts fresh off from level 1. We then host matches in Dominion (Classic takes too long) between people who are both new to the game and who are simply on fresh accounts (takes away the rune/mastery/champion selection advantage) so that we can both have fun together but also teach people the ins and outs of the game. It would take some convincing and management, but I think we could get it done.

wow something really similar to what i was thinking.. but i didnt want to make a new account... i want to feel good.

I was thinking tournaments with organized teams.... similar to how the 10 man one goes

people could sign up. We pick teams. custom servers (ban dumb champs)

would take a long time but i think it would be fun.

if the teams are random then it should be fair and new player friendly

wow something really similar to what i was thinking.. but i didnt want to make a new account... i want to feel good.

I was thinking tournaments with organized teams.... similar to how the 10 man one goes

people could sign up. We pick teams. custom servers (ban dumb champs)

would take a long time but i think it would be fun.

if the teams are random then it should be fair and new player friendly

You're starting at level 1 and you want to ban the free week champions? You're really setting these new league of legends players up for some fun game time.

You're starting at level 1 and you want to ban the free week champions? You're really setting these new league of legends players up for some fun game time.

.. not banning the op characters for the low levels its so that level 30s with perfect runes cant pick them and absolutely destroy the other team.

the tournament will probably not make people start at one. if a lot of people join the event not everyone will want to make a new account just to play at level 1. that's why i want to keep the teams random.

Low levels there are no OP characters (technically there are no OP characters AT ALL if you ask me...) so I don't think banning draft mode is a good idea. You get 10 free weeks... and at level 1 thats ALL you get. Ban 4... you have 6. Then if you do draft mode, u cant pick the same people so there arent enough champs anyway. It'd be best on blind pick.