Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

LoL tourney

BigJ

since there is a raise in LoL players, We the stat div might be thinking about having ourselves a tourney.

Now the question is should this be a 5v5 or 3v3 Summoner's Rift? or 5v5 or 3v3 on dominion? we would like some input from our LoL players as well from everyone else who would like to join in this

Thanks

Depends mostly on the time. Do you want a one night tourney or one that spans over multiple days. If it's to all go down in one night... Dominion or 3v3 might be the only viable options. Though most people prefer 4v4 classic... so maybe a 3/4 day event would be preferred.

Depends mostly on the time. Do you want a one night tourney or one that spans over multiple days. If it's to all go down in one night... Dominion or 3v3 might be the only viable options. Though most people prefer 4v4 classic... so maybe a 3/4 day event would be preferred.

the problem i see in multi day tourney is that pplz have things to do, they go out with friends, familys, work, school, so for 1 day they can say i'm busy but for them saying i busy for a few days i think might be hard

Well the idea would be to have one event with say two rounds of the tourney. Afterward, talk amongst the remaining players (shouldn't be more than maybe 4 teams) and see if there is another night everyone is available. Knowing our strategy division, that shouldn't be hard. XD

Ok, so what i'm getting at is there should either be a 3v3 or 5v5. Dominion is fun but doesn't take the communication of a team that TT or summoners rift does. The teams (imo) should be picked at random with no system really at all.

I'm also thinking single elimination. Now, for there to be a 5v5 tourney i would say that there should be a decent number of players willing to be paired up with others at random and not cry about it.

Just my input.

I'm expecting a turnout of ~25 people given our League community... so 3v3s would take a LONG time on SR... I would say 5v5 Round Robbin would be the way to go... but even that would take anywhere up to 3 hours for just 3 games.

3v3 would give around 8 teams

team 1

vs

team 2

team 3

vs

team 4

Etc.

winner advance, doing this over 1-2 days would probably work.