Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Verizon right now and out of contract so I'm eligible for an upgrade but I'm totally waiting on this phone to come out to upgrade. I also think I'm going to switch to sprint just because they seem like the only carrier out now who still has unlimited plans...

if your eligible for an upgrade you should have no problem with this especially being out of contract they will want to keep you as a customer so you have a little bargining room, maybe not on price but if they try to screw you out of your data plan which they shouldn't. I get a new phone practically every year so i know what I am talking about.

Droids are the biggest pieces of shit ever sorry. I had one for 2 months when I dropped my old iPhone off my balcony by accident. It froze all the time, the apps were shitty, and so was the interface. I couldn't stand it anymore, I just went to the Apple store and bought a new iPhone for $600 or $700 off contract.

I actually agree that "droids" suck if you are referring to that particular phone. I had a droid for 2 years and at first i loved it but I also had so many issues with it freezing. I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago because it randomly stopped connecting to the verizon network.

If you are referring to androids in general, then I really think you should try some of the latest phones with the android os on them and maybe you will change your mind.

I actually agree that "droids" suck if you are referring to that particular phone. I had a droid for 2 years and at first i loved it but I also had so many issues with it freezing. I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago because it randomly stopped connecting to the verizon network.

If you are referring to androids in general, then I really think you should try some of the latest phones with the android os on them and maybe you will change your mind.

I prefer endlessly berating him, but your idea works too.

I thought it was supposed to be quad-band, but maybe not? I'm still waiting for them to drop some more info on it, since I'm halfway considering picking one up if it plays nicely with T-mo. They keep neglecting all of the dev phones I buy. First the G1, then the Nexus One. I just want delicious Ice Cream Sandwich stock rom support like everyone else. T_T

Yeah, I know I'll end up with some of it once an unsigned leaks, or someone pulls in some of the AOSP code in, but it's been almost 2 years since my last upgrade.

Fine, another example then. My CFO recently decided to switch everyone to Androids from Blackberries. I got to keep my Blackberry because I'm on the company board and I own an eighth of the company so he can't make me do shit. Ever since the first day, constant issues, emails don't get through, data is lost, the phones freeze. These are are S2's I think by the way. Also a lot less durable then Blackberries, you drop it once and the screen is cracked.

Fine, another example then. My CFO recently decided to switch everyone to Androids from Blackberries. I got to keep my Blackberry because I'm on the company board and I own an eighth of the company so he can't make me do shit. Ever since the first day, constant issues, emails don't get through, data is lost, the phones freeze. These are are S2's I think by the way. Also a lot less durable then Blackberries, you drop it once and the screen is cracked.

You're talking hardware, not platform; it's not even a reasonable comparison. Hell, I had a BB way back in the day that I was happy enough with to hold off on getting a pearl, but then the USB port popped off of the board because it was a piece of shit. That in itself didn't mean the platform was bad, except for when it purged all of my everything because it couldn't manage memory properly.

Your IT guys also need to know what they want out of the phones. Exchange server? Remote management? Better figure that shit out in advance. You need to be using the right app, with the right polling frequency or you're going to be sitting in your car, beating your dick, wondering why it's taking so long for your mail to come in. It's just like anything else; if you don't plan your implementation, it's going to fail.

And for the record, my Nexus One has been through hell and back, and it's in great shape. I take the thing out into the field with me, and I have one tiny scratch on the glass. That's HTC hardware for you, I guess.

I personally have used all three like iPhone, Blackberries, and Androids. It really depends on what you want from the phone. iPhones are built solid but little to no customization, without jail breaking. Blackberries great solid phones, durable and i will always miss that keyboard, i actually keep my old tour for when i travel as its unlocked but might pick up a new 9900 for that purpose, and android tons of customization , may require root but easier than jail breaking and roots are allowed by some manufactures, a lot of the phones as well are very top of the line phones. Next year will be the release of the tegra 3 in phones, really 4 cores, technically 5, in phone while i use 4 cores in my main desktop i built a little over 2 years ago. Just damn

You're talking hardware, not platform; it's not even a reasonable comparison. Hell, I had a BB way back in the day that I was happy enough with to hold off on getting a pearl, but then the USB port popped off of the board because it was a piece of shit. That in itself didn't mean the platform was bad, except for when it purged all of my everything because it couldn't manage memory properly.

Your IT guys also need to know what they want out of the phones. Exchange server? Remote management? Better figure that shit out in advance. You need to be using the right app, with the right polling frequency or you're going to be sitting in your car, beating your dick, wondering why it's taking so long for your mail to come in. It's just like anything else; if you don't plan your implementation, it's going to fail.

And for the record, my Nexus One has been through hell and back, and it's in great shape. I take the thing out into the field with me, and I have one tiny scratch on the glass. That's HTC hardware for you, I guess.

Well yeah, I guess we have different needs in a phone. I don't have IT guys, these are property developers we are talking about, so Blackberries are better for the company. But yeah, I actually think most phones are pretty durable, it just depends on the person using it. my iPhone has never had any problems besides when I dropped it off the balcony by accident. When I traded my old one in for the 4S they gave me $300 for it.

• 4 weeks later...