Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Most steam games crashing about 30 seconds after opening

racker16

Ok so almost all of my steam games have been crashing after about 30 seconds after opening them. Its a windows "this program has stoped working" error where you end the process. It doesent seem to happen to CS source or Tf2, but any other game like portal 2, super street fighter, will crash at exactly the same time in the game. I have validated game files and de-fragemented them through steam, but it still happens. Anyone have this issue before and have a quick fix before I unistall steam completely and re-install everything?

Being an over clocker, I run into problems if my System ram is not configured correctly. Even though the motherboard is set to auto, the Ram specs are not correct.

Check Cpu-z SPD tab for timings at the different speeds. You may have to look up voltage specs at the manufacturer's website for certain clock speeds.

Good Luck!