Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What computer skills do you have?

Wingless

I'm an A+ certified tech in hardware and software, got mah first computer at 11, 29 now, dat voodoo3000 video card 32mb of raw video power,,,,,lol,, 15+ years working on em, got some web design and html coding under mah belt, working on mah network+ test then my Mcsa tests next(Microsoft certified systems administrator). Always love tackling those intermittent problems, hardest to diagnose. Made some maps while back when quake 2 was real popular using quark.

Edited by DJ SpiKyBaLL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New here to HG, but I am a server admin for a major hospital in PIttsburgh PA, also build my own rig's, anything computer related, if anyone needs help on anything like OS's Win8, 7, Linux let me know or Linux server and MS server I would be happy to help. ttly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A+, Network, and Security certification

Also am certified with CISSP. Basically I have skills in cyber defense.

EDIT: I have also been an intern @ Bethesda SoftWorks for about 3 years now. I've used many programming languages as well as internet/database based languages.

Edited by Giants745

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Programming language known and apt to work with:

• Low level: VHDL, Assembly GAS or Intel x86 (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) and pure low level C/C++ (including uC OS, system C and boost library).
  • Higher level: Java, C++, Matlab and basic Oracle SQL
  • Scripting: Bash and Python

Currently learning programming language:

• C#

Wanted to learn in a near future:

• Javascript
  • PHP
  • Fortran
  • Unity or Unreal engine

Trivia skills:

• I know basic concepts of computer security (buffer overflows [stack or heap overflows], SQL injections, XSS and networking security)
  • Networking and client/server concept.
  • I did a little bit of OpenGL and DirectX

Last project:

I did in the last few months a client/server app where an Android client (coded in JAVA) had to communicate with a bare metal FPGA server (coded in C) through a RESTful API.

I'm both pretty interested in application design (higher level conception), low level implementation and multi-threading management. I'm less into mathematical algorithm optimization.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...