Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Request a Build

LazaHorse

Have a new champion you want to learn how to play? Post in this thread requesting a general build and some tips on how to play him/her just to start off. As always, it's best to learn through experience, but if you want a quick jumper on runes, masteries, skill leveling tips, zoning, etc, go ahead and post here and I or another fellow member will try and help you out.

O-Prime, permission to sticky?

Chogath, I've been going dorans ring or that blue ring first, then ill get some random boots, not sure which I like yet. First core item core of aegis, and then i dont really know a second solid item really.

Also blitzkreig or the dude with the grapple, no idea how to build him >.>

Sorry for not being too "informative" of what I want :S But im looking for a AD Jungle shaco build.

Im not too good at builds myself so that's why im looking for help ^^

@ Lazarus Thanks for the links! Gonna check em out!

Edited by Jolle

Sorry for not being too "informative" of what I want :S But im looking for a AD Jungle shaco build.

Im not too good at builds myself so that's why im looking for help ^^

@ Lazarus Thanks for the links! Gonna check em out!

For my Jungle Shaco I have Marks and Quints of Desolation, Seals of Resilience, and Glpyhs of Focus, the Glyphs let me get 1 more box down then without them (Extremely useful for jungling) and the armor obviously negates the damage I receive from the creeps. As SOON as the game starts buy Cloth Armor and 5 health potions, don't be alt tabbed or take your time shopping around, JITB cooldown is quite long and you need to have boxes down for a successful jungle start or else you will have to recall way to early. Once you have made your starting purchases you have 2 starting jungle routes that you need to make a judgement on

Starting at blue buff:

If you're bottom lane is tanky and will be able to hold their own for awhile start here, the buff will let you do a full route before you have to recall, and you can still jump on mid for a scare (people who see shaco coming for them will usually flash aware out of fear of giving first blood). To kill the blue you can just keep stacking boxes behind the golem or you can place 3 in the bush and ask for a leash from mid, that way you can also get a 4th box at the blue flower by wolves. as soon as the golem starts to hit you pop a health potion. If there is an enemy jungler do NOT use smite right away, learn the timing on when to use it or else a douche lee sin might come take it.

Starting at Red Buff:

If your bottom lane is going to be a bit squishy, and is going to be easily pushed back start IMMEDIATELY run to wraiths once you purchase your items, do not put your first JITB at red buff, it will most likely disappear before you get to red. Place your first box behind where the big wraith spawns, then run to red buff and place your next 2 JITBs at the small blue flower just below where red buff spawns. Return to Wraiths and place one final JITB in the middle of where they all spawn. Once the wraiths spawn immediately attack the big wraith (DO NOT SMITE IT) and pop a potion once the remaining small wraiths start attacking you. Once they are dead head to red buff, and pull it to your boxes and the flower, once it is feared drop a box behind it (in between the buff and the 2 mini creeps) and attack the red buff, pop another health potion,readying your smite. once you get the buff and finish the creeps you should be level 2, if your bottom lane is pushed towards your tower, grab your Q skill and pop a health potion if your HP is below 70% and head towards bottom to GANK. Let your team know you are coming so they can use any stuns to initiate, giving you the ability to attack from behind (procing Shacos passive). even if you do not get a kill, most likely 1 if not both enemy champions will pop their summoner spells to get away, which at-least gives that lane an advantage for an OK amount of time.

If bottom lane is pushed towards your tower, head mid for first blood >:-), and like stated previously, even if you don't get a kill as long as they are forced to flash or ghost you are fine.

If both mid and and bottom are pushed, finish at golems, recall buy items (use the guide that laz posted) go kill wolves, then help top.

Hopefully this helps you a bit with jungling, I wont go into what I purchase for items since I mostly use the items what Laz posted (Though I do STRONGLY RECOMMEND getting Madreds Bloodrazor), but I do take situational items every now and then.

after that, its up to you're judgement as to when you should gank, and when you should do your jungle routes, you don't want to fall behind in levels but you also don't want to miss opportunities for easy kills and first blood. Shaco NEEDS several early game kills to be able to shine during mid game and late game.

Thanks Weeman, hopefully this will help me alot in the jungle :amuse: Gonna give it a try later on today!

goodluck man! Hope it does help, you might mess up one or two games with the timing but you'll get the hang of it, The first game I played as Shaco I had a terrible start, I backed twice before I even got to golems lol. Luckily for me Richie and Lack raped their lanes so I caught up eventually and went like 23-2-12 or something.

Nice find Ven! and like it says, you don't even need to be a lane shaco, you can do this with a jungle shaco too, ignite is highly unnecisary as you saw how quickly he went down so having smite will not hinder this type of gank. The best is when you see rammus come rolling through haha

I can't even register on Solomid right now. lol... site's all sorts of fucked up. I'm posting my AD Fizz build on mobafire right now if anyone is interested. Will post link when it's done.

*EDIT*

Fizz build is done, check it out:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ad-jungle-fizz-off-tank-149759

For some reason Mobafire has his stats all fucked up so ignore those. The build is great though. XD

Edited by LazaHorse

The AP guide I put is a "laning" shaco guide. Now keep in mind, Shaco should never really be "laning." His goal is to either jungle quickly for some great ganks OR (for ap shaco) focus on counter-jungling the opponent with huge traps of JitBs and/or supporting your bot lanemate by establishing lane presence through bush JitBs.

The AP guide I put is a "laning" shaco guide. Now keep in mind, Shaco should never really be "laning." .

Shaco is the one of the strongest lane choices and hard as hell to gank with his boxes inside of river bushes. BEING A MAN THAT PLAYS AP LANE SHACO, i would know about this stuff!

Ap lane shaco is a burst. dont focus on your jitbs or you will lose. First level get boxes, level two get your shiv and max that first. level four get deceive and harass with shiv on their squishier target. If you want to, try to set up some jitbs in the bush but if you know they aren't going to walk in, because they usually don't with an ap shaco, then don't waste the mana. Save it for harass.

That's my opinion.

• 1 month later...
I build much better builds than you Lazarus. I'm the best at League. Just look at this game.

1, almost ALL BUILDS are just recycled barely changed versions of "professionals'" builds.

2, who gets sheen on karthus?

3, if you are good, then feel free to respond to people's build requests... but you bumped a thread BASED on requests to do nothing more than repost from a different thread. So... post deleted.

AP Maokai pl0x

Luckily for you, Maokai is one of my new mains. However, AP Maokai... to be short... doesn't work. His abilities ALL LEND to him being a tank, and as such, he fits best as an AP tank role.

I jungle with Maokai, because his AOE abilities (E and Q) make clearing jungle REALLY FAST. However, in lane and in jungle, I build him the same. He's hard to farm with so you probably want to get a philosopher's stone and heart of gold early along with mercury's treads. Once those are finished, go for Rod of Ages for the health pool and scaling AP. After RoA, I usually turn Philosophers into Shurelya's Reverie for faster initiates and catching the strays. After that, look at the enemy team and decide if you need to prioritize armor or magic resistance. If its armor, build Frozen Heart; if MR, build Banshee Veil. Both provide good stats and the MUCH NEEDED mana that maokai lacks. After you build one of those two, go for Guardian Angel and then finish whichever you didn't get before (Frozen Heart of Banshee Veil). Other good choices for Armor/Magic Res at this point are Sunfire Cape, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen, and Thornmail if you don't want to get FroHeart/Banshee. Last item is up to you really. It shouldn't even GET THIS FAR in the game, but if it does, it's really up to choice. I'd say Abyssal Scepter, Randuin's Omen, Force of Nature, and Rabadon's Deathcap are all great choices. Up to your discretion though.

Here's a general guide for Mao Mao posted by TheOddOne who is widely considered the king of the jungle: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=11784

Edited by LazaHorse