Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Senate To pass bill that revokes 4th and 6th Amendment

Weeman

[video=youtube;l3t4wgZCO5M]

So who didn't want their 4th and 6th ammendments anymore?

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion.

That's straight from the Constitution yet Congress is preparing to invade the homes of American Citizens and detain them without question or trial?

spread the word.

do

not

let

this

get

passed

Alex Jones still sounds like John Madden XD...

He's blowing the application of the law far beyond what its actual meaning is and actual use will be. It's an anti-terrorism law that simply legislates actions already being taken by the CIA and FBI. We aren't going to be rounded up by the dozens for internment camps or anything. Alex Jones is ranting that Congress is out to get the American people like a group of Nazis... please... RT is already a ridiculous re-enactment of an actual news program... adding Alex Jones to the mix simply exacerbates their stupidity.

Obama es no. 1 Hitler and he's using the Marines as his Gestapo forces. Real? No... shut up.

Alex Jones still sounds like John Madden XD...

He's blowing the application of the law far beyond what its actual meaning is and actual use will be. It's an anti-terrorism law that simply legislates actions already being taken by the CIA and FBI. We aren't going to be rounded up by the dozens for internment camps or anything. Alex Jones is ranting that Congress is out to get the American people like a group of Nazis... please... RT is already a ridiculous re-enactment of an actual news program... adding Alex Jones to the mix simply exacerbates their stupidity.

Obama es no. 1 Hitler and he's using the Marines as his Gestapo forces. Real? No... shut up.

What terrorism, are they trying to stop then? Drug-lord ex marines who work 12 hour shifts at a local mine?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.html

Jose Guerena Killed: Arizona Cops Shoot Former Marine In Botched Pot Raid

Oh wait that guy didn't have any drugs, and over 60 shots were fired. Theres a helmet cam video on the internet of the swat guy killing him btw.

Sorry but I enjoy my rights.

Edited by Weeman

Perhaps the word "terrorism" doesn't fit here given it's general sense for middle eastern/foreign terrorist groups. I would replace it with "insurrectionism" and as far as a discrete example, I'd put the Occupy campaigns in the fore front. Say what you will about them being peaceful protests of disagreeable legislation/institutions, but they have become violent and in time will only get worse. You know what organization began as peaceful protestors too? The KKK. Now that's a HUGE extrapolation from the Occupy campaigns to the Klan, but the same slippery slope argument is being made by Alex Jones here.

He exaggerates the written law saying that it will be used for things as simple as rounding people up for any old information. That simply isn't the case. When you engage in treasonous acts on American soil (in their eyes the Wikileaks guy was a threat to American security... which I don't really disagree with), you forsake the rights that the government would otherwise protect for you. If you aren't doing anything egregious yourself, this law won't affect you. There's no need to worry about "big brother" coming and breaking down your door for no reason. Do your civic duty to engage in politics and refrain from anti-American acts/crimes and you're fine.

*EDIT*

In regards to that article, one incident of a clearly inept and poorly organized SWAT team does not disprove the need for increased government-legislated measures of security. There's cloudiness around this incident on BOTH sides though it is quite clear Guerena should not have died in that house. A single incident should never convince you of the truth within a much large picture. Seeing one officer peg a protestor with a tear gas canister in a protest should not completely make up your mind on the Occupy movement. In the end, I am neither for nor against this law. I see its uses, yet as most others I question its Constitutionality. The fact that Mccain is behind it... doesn't help its cause either. XD

Edited by LazaHorse

Perhaps the word "terrorism" doesn't fit here given it's general sense for middle eastern/foreign terrorist groups. I would replace it with "insurrectionism" and as far as a discrete example, I'd put the Occupy campaigns in the fore front. Say what you will about them being peaceful protests of disagreeable legislation/institutions, but they have become violent and in time will only get worse. You know what organization began as peaceful protestors too? The KKK. Now that's a HUGE extrapolation from the Occupy campaigns to the Klan, but the same slippery slope argument is being made by Alex Jones here.

lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

several orders were given to leave.

There were no injuries and no drugs or weapons were found during a search of the emptied camp, which was strewn with trash after the raid. City workers put up concrete barriers to wall off the park while it is restored. As of 5:10 a.m. PST, the park was clear of protesters, said LAPD officer Cleon Joseph.

Before police arrived in large numbers, protesters were upbeat and the mood was almost festive. A protester in a Santa Claus hat danced in the street. A woman showed off the reindeer antlers she had mounted on her gas mask. 

yea SURE is a slipperly slope to violence the protests have taken so far! Especially considering that almost every violent act was initated first by Police officers (NOT SAYING EVERY POLICE OFFICER IS BAD, but clearly there are bad eggs that think they're John Wayne) that protestor was not only tear gassed in the head at a very close range, he was hit was a flash bang.

He exaggerates the written law saying that it will be used for things as simple as rounding people up for any old information. That simply isn't the case. When you engage in treasonous acts on American soil (in their eyes the Wikileaks guy was a threat to American security... which I don't really disagree with), you forsake the rights that the government would otherwise protect for you. If you aren't doing anything egregious yourself, this law won't affect you. There's no need to worry about "big brother" coming and breaking down your door for no reason. Do your civic duty to engage in politics and refrain from anti-American acts/crimes and you're fine

That guy may have been a little over the top for me to agree with what he says but the fact of the matter is that they CAN use it for that if they DEEM it so, and yes if you perform treasonous acts such as publishing troop movements then yea you should be arrested and tried as such. But if you're simply posting articles of corruption, kickbacks, and stealing then thats fine, its a way to get information out there without having to worry about getting sent to the chopping block.

Your comma splices are killing me :P

Since when has anything in World News been, you know related to gaming?
What terrorism, are they trying to stop then

I've always been against the News bots, they were designed for the specific purpose of bringing more hits to the website not for any kind of actual discussion.

Also, your title claims that we're enacting Martial Law, which is 100% not true. Dat sensationalism.

[YOUTUBE]Nby3aNkk66g[/YOUTUBE]

This is why I want to move to Canadia. (I PURPOSELY PUT THE i THERE.)

But for real, America has been a terrorist country for at least a decade now, it's not just Obama. This is why I refuse to vote for President.

How exactly are we a terrorist country? And why would you move away instead of trying to help solve the issues the country that sheltered you and gave you an education and work is facing?

How exactly are we a terrorist country? And why would you move away instead of trying to help solve the issues the country that sheltered you and gave you an education and work is facing?

We get involved where we are not needed and cause even more issues. I have no good reason as to why I should or should not help the country. I'm just indifferent on how this country works and think it should be doing things differently. These bills that take away freedoms need to stop immediately.

• Executive Council
You could be detained indefinietly and all posessions confiscated which violates your 4th and 6th amendment.

And what I'm saying is bills cannot override the Constitution (including amendments). That is what we call unconstitutional laws and they get thrown out.

We get involved where we are not needed and cause even more issues. I have no good reason as to why I should or should not help the country. I'm just indifferent on how this country works and think it should be doing things differently. These bills that take away freedoms need to stop immediately.

That doesn't make us a terrorist country that makes us an imperalistic country, and yes a lot of people are indifferent about what this country is doing but don't take the time to sit down and say, "Hey I need to let someone who represents me know that I don't like what's going on."

And what I'm saying is bills cannot override the Constitution (including amendments). That is what we call unconstitutional laws and they get thrown out.

I'm aware of that yes, but it wasn't too long ago that we rounded up Japanese people and through them into camps.

Or anyone who was even called a "red" was essentially monitored and destroyed publicly

What the hell is making this thread's horizontal margins extend so far? lol...

I thought it was just my monitors at work...but now that i'm home thats really weird lol

Edited by Weeman