Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Getting Into Photoshop

Flare

I have only occasionally used a tutorial to find out how to do something in photoshop, but apart from that I taught how to do everything. I started with using Photoshop CS4 and got used to how that works, then when CS5 came out I had to learn some features again as they had been re-worked. But once you get used to how the program works and where everything is, its really not that hard!

I started to learn photoshop by playing with brushes and downloading third party brushes, applying effects to them and making them look nice. Then I just played around with it for a few months and got to know where everything is, what it does and how to use it. So if your learning photoshop, play around with it yourself and if you get stuck, then use a tutorial.

Cheers, I've alreday made a few basic sigs/sprays in the last few days.

Look'n good. I see you like my group icons..! :D

These all look basic and a bit boring. Where do I go from here to make them look way more polished and better overall.

Try playing with the filter effects and layer styles.