Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New achievement map proposal

-harp-hoota

First of all, I would like to introduce myself. I'm $harp$hoota and I've been a TF2 mapper for nearly 6 months now.

I've noticed that there are a few dedicated achievement servers running under the HeLLsGamers name. These servers are all running class dedicated acheivement maps, many of which are not great for efficiently earning achievements. For the past few months, I have been designing and creating a new, all class achievement map named achievement_rgb.

The map consists of two levels, with 7 open rooms and two main rooms (which both have nobuild enabled in order to prevent sentry camping). Achievement_rgb has rooms for each class which has recieved an update, and will continue to recieve updates for all the classes. Each room contains everything that a person could possibly want to gain achievements alone, or with others.

This map also features retractable spawn doors, which allows for bots to be placed on one team, while protecting the other. When the red spawn is open with bots on the team, one of the greatest strengths of this map is shown. With the red spawn walls retracted, bot teleporters in every room are activated, allowing for bots to be teleported to certain areas of the map, allowing players to earn achievements on their own reducing the amount of complaining on the servers.

This map is still in a beta phase, but it has been run on public servers since mid-april and has recieved only good critisism since it's early beta releases.

I would love to be able to run my map on any of your servers, and I will post screenshots and/or the current readme document which describes functions of the map in detail if anyone is interested! The current release of the map, achievement_rgb645, is being run on:

208.167.232.107:27015 (if there is a password on the server, just let me know and I'll get a hold of the password, or start up my private server temporarily).

so is there any possible interest in the map? I'm also looking for constructive critisism to make this thing the best damn achievement map out there :D.

EDIT: I just realized there's a suggestion section in the forums, did I put this in the wrong area?

• 2 weeks later...