Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I shed a tear for you my fallen comrade.

For those who don't get it, Pokemon cartridges have an internal battery and memory to save games and keep track of time (since time of day plays a huge role in what kinds of pokemon you can get and how effective certain types are). When the battery runs out, the game is still playable, but you will not be able to access those time-requiring events or save the game (correct me if I'm wrong).

Then again I haven't played Pokemon in years so I might be way off the mark. But this is what I vaguely remember from it happening to my gold version.

When did time based events occur? I havent played since Yellow.

They added time events in the second generation (gold/silver/crystal versions) if I'm not mistaken (I haven't played those games since I was a child).

For those who don't get it, Pokemon cartridges have an internal battery and memory to save games and keep track of time (since time of day plays a huge role in what kinds of pokemon you can get and how effective certain types are). When the battery runs out, the game is still playable, but you will not be able to access those time-requiring events or save the game (correct me if I'm wrong).

Then again I haven't played Pokemon in years so I might be way off the mark. But this is what I vaguely remember from it happening to my gold version.

I heard my name and came to say this sucks D=

• 3 weeks later...