Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Asking advice on Mobile Broadband

Angel

Ok. So if you know me, you know that I have the shittiest, laggiest internet in all of HG, and anyone else that you have ever come across on the internet. lol

I've finally decided to get me some new internet, but seeing as how my parents won't let me get wired internet cos they're fucktards, I'm going to be buying a Mobile Broadband deal [in Australia].

This is what I've found and am probably going to get; this company has great internet speeds, a lot of awards, etc:

http://www.tpg.com.au/mobilebroadband/plans.php

I'm going to the max with what I can get, so I'll be getting the Go 9GB at $34.99 with the TPG Modem & SIM (the $49.99 modem there).

The speeds look pretty damn decent for Mobile Broadband, and are a shitload better than what I'm working with now.

And I inputted my address in to see what speeds are available for me and I can get the max.

So for you internet/techie guys, let me know what you think ASAP please; I'll probably be ordering this within the next 24 hours or so.

:)

wait do you plan to game on this or just surf the web?

Yep, gaming.

These are the internet speeds that I'm using/gaming with atm and have been for a long time:

Home internet:

1504100222.png

iPhone 4 3G internet:

1504105579.png

I hate you all, yet I still own you all.

I average around 350 ping on all HG/American servers.

Both internets are also not stable; I can get huge ping spikes to like 1k+ several times an hour, maybe even a dc.

Edited by Angel Descends

Why are you even using mobile broadband in the first place?

I've finally decided to get me some new internet, but seeing as how my parents won't let me get wired internet cos they're fucktards, I'm going to be buying a Mobile Broadband deal [in Australia].

Read the OP before you post.

Also you should look for ratings/reviews on the carrier you never know if they cap you or not or not give you what you payed for.

Already looked into.

Moreover Angel Descends, you might want to do a simple inventory of what you do a month to ensure that you never bypass 9 GB.

Source-based games take about 35 MB/hour (which is really low if you don't play much)

but I don't know what else you'll be doing. Always helps to check :P

Moreover Angel Descends, you might want to do a simple inventory of what you do a month to ensure that you never bypass 9 GB.

Source-based games take about 35 MB/hour (which is really low if you don't play much)

but I don't know what else you'll be doing. Always helps to check :P

Well my iPhone 4 makes a record of the uploads and downloads which I check everyday/every few hours :P

CS:S and Gmod take about 100MB an hour or a bit less. SWTOR takes up about 20MB or a TINY bit more for a few hours.

TS3 uses up a lot more internet than SWTOR believe it or not, like more than double the data lol.

I've been playing SWTOR for several hours a day at least for 3 weeks now, and I haven't passed the 1GB mark out of the 2GB on my iPhone 4, so that's pretty damn good. Then add TS3 data to that and I probably would get about double or more data downloaded and uploaded (uploads are hella tiny), if I was on TS3 the whole time that I would be playing, which I will be doing when I get new internet.

Other than gaming, I would just do some simple surfing like Facebook, HG Forums, HG Tinychat, a few YouTube videos here and there a week, check emails, etc. So I'm definitely safe for usage :)