Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Silent Death's Mapping Thread/Gallery

silentdeath631

So, I've had this idea for awhile, but I am extremely lazy. Well, I finally got around to mapping again, and I'm a little rusty, so I pulled this out of my ass in about 45 min last night. I was just having fun with water and displacements, so here you go. Comment on what you think and feel free to ask me for mapping help or if you want to post your mapping pixs here go ahead ^.^...

example.jpg

UPDATE 4/18/12: ADDED 3 MORE SCREENSHOTS OF MY HOUSE I AM RECREATING. I am putting more detail into this map.

house1.png

house2.png

house3.png

UPDATE4/19/12: added 3 more!!! :o... Going for detail this time :D Modeling it off of a picture i found.

new1.png

new2.png

new3.png

post-11346-13525955102593_thumb.jpg

post-11346-1352595511805_thumb.jpg

Edited by silentdeath631
ADDED 3 MORE :D

I'm always eager to see what anyone is willing to create. Not everyone cares, but do not make the mistake of overlooking those of us who will readily support others' efforts in any way we can, to see HG thrive.

Regardless, yeah a few more screenies wouldn't hurt your case, however you already prove to know more about Hammer than the average mapper, keep it up. (I mean, who can stand those zm_/zs_ maps that are all clones of eachother?) At least your work seems more unique, that's what we like. Keep practicing.

I'm always eager to see what anyone is willing to create. Not everyone cares, but do not make the mistake of overlooking those of us who will readily support others' efforts in any way we can, to see HG thrive.

Regardless, yeah a few more screenies wouldn't hurt your case, however you already prove to know more about Hammer than the average mapper, keep it up. (I mean, who can stand those zm_/zs_ maps that are all clones of eachother?) At least your work seems more unique, that's what we like. Keep practicing.

Hey thanks man :) I honestly was starting to think that nobody cared about Source SDK lol... But yea I map to have fun. I'm not the kind of kid who downloads 400+ prefabs and sticks them in the map adds some spawns and call it zs_evenmoredirtierthanthelastraunchyhouse_v4444x_l33tpoop.bsp all of my work is original because It's the only way I have fun :D

BTW I added 3 More pics up top :)

Also, If your wondering why it's on 2 OS's... (XP, 7) it's because I made the first map at my mom's house and the other three here.

Edited by silentdeath631
UPDATE!!!!

Obvious improvement is obvious. Good work, new pics look dope.

You seem to have a talent for recreating microcosms of objects/situations you see in the real world, not a skill to be taken for granted.

If you focus on finishing this, I'm interested in seeing the progression.

Pro-Tip: Use interlopers.net for tutorials, etc. Great site to hone your skills with.

Edited by ZCOM

Obvious improvement is obvious. Good work, new pics look dope.

You seem to have a talent for recreating microcosms of objects/situations you see in the real world, not a skill to be taken for granted.

If you focus on finishing this, I'm interested in seeing the progression.

Pro-Tip: Use interlopers.net for tutorials, etc. Great site to hone your skills with.

ok thanks! I will make sure to take a look at that site!