Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Which brand is better?? (Gaming headsets)

BooT

Turtle Beach or Triton?

My friend is looking to get a gaming headset but isn't sure which is the better, more reliable brand.

I've been telling him that Triton is slightly better, so I am not really sure.

If there is another brand that is better and not TOO expensive, let me know!

Turtle Beach. Just... don't. You can get much better for your money.

The headset I'm using now and have absolutely loved since getting is the Razer Carcharias. It's comforatble, looks less stupid than most, and the sound quality is great. It goes for anywhere from 60 to 90 bucks (higher in some stupid places; 80 on newegg), and is worth the money. I've tried multiple headsets from Plantronics, Steelseies, and Logitech and I can comfortably say the Carcharias is the best buy so far of them all.

I assume that your friend is looking for a headset to be used with a console, correct? I assume this because both Turtle Beach and Tritton are probably known best for their console headsets. But for a PC headset, just step away from those 2 brands. There are MUCH better headsets out there, e.g. the Carcharias' that Lazarus mentioned. The SteelSeries Siberia v2 and 7H as well as some Logitech headsets are good from what I've heard, although I've yet to try any of these. Corsair recently released a couple new headsets as well. Read around, and a quick Google search of different headsets will do you good. :P

I assume that your friend is looking for a headset to be used with a console, correct? I assume this because both Turtle Beach and Tritton are probably known best for their console headsets. But for a PC headset, just step away from those 2 brands. There are MUCH better headsets out there, e.g. the Carcharias' that Lazarus mentioned. The SteelSeries Siberia v2 and 7H as well as some Logitech headsets are good from what I've heard, although I've yet to try any of these. Corsair recently released a couple new headsets as well. Read around, and a quick Google search of different headsets will do you good. :P

I use the Logitech G35 headset, it's very good and the mic quality is great.

Alright, thanks guys! I will shoot these suggestions over to him and I will probably use the same suggestions when it comes time for me to get a gaming headset. I use an old ass Turtle Beach for a mic and my speakers for volume haha.

Astrogaming makes top quality headsets, I havent had one problem with mine, I only reccomend them if he/she will be playing on another console as well as PC.

Ooh, so it's a good multi-use headset? Because he plays Xbox360, PS3 and PC. I just play the last two.

If you are looking for a super high end headset, a pair of Astro A40's are a great bang for your buck. I drop em nearly daily, and for a little over a year, they work just the same as the day I got em. $300 is a little pricey though

For multi-console gaming, there are plenty of headsets out there. Some brands include Turtle Beach (X-- for the 360, P-- for the PS3), Tritton (AX 180/720/PRO), Razer (Chimaera regular/5.1), and Steelseries (4XB/5XB). There might be some others, but these are the first that pop up in my head.