Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Removal of the Demotion System

I don 't know about other stuff, but I am

practically addicted to DarkRP. And something I really hate is when someone is demoted for doing their job, for example- a thief raiding a place and killing someone because they held a gun to their head and the thief kills in self defense, then it being RDM, granted, in some situations something IS RDM. Great if it's RDM, get an admin, if it's random arrest, great, GET AN ADMIN, if it 's NLR, GET A FUCKING ADMIN. No need to demote because chances are, they are just doing their job. An admin can set someone to citizen if they're job abusing. HG also has a very effective kick/ban system . Also, this action would prevent actual random demotes, etc.

Thanks,

jajolt

I think it would be nice if we had preset reasons for demoting. So we don't have people demoting for the reason: LOL.

What, no... That's a horrible idea! I demote Vetman for that reason (more like he does to me) all the time! Welll... it might not be that reason... It might be more like 'fag' instead.

~~~~

Yeah, demote system needs to stay.

I think it would be nice if we had preset reasons for demoting. So we don't have people demoting for the reason: LOL.

If we had preset reasons then it would be harder to find random demoters and harder to demote people for specific reasons

I dont think it should be removed, but reworked/improved. Maybe something that corresponds interactions between the character and the target of demotion and a generic list of reasons to demote someone that would verify with the actions of the person who is demoting the target. Idk. just an idea.

It definitely deserves some thought though. It is extremely dumb when you get demoted as a thief for RDM when you're raiding somebody who obviously has guns.

I think it should stay, Admins aren't robots, we sleep also, so we aint always on, demote system can help you guys, because votekick system isnt so reliable at a moment like that, cause maybe the i.e prop killer has like 5 friends with him, they would say no to the votekick, and yet they would say no to the demote, so i dont know what im talkin about.

Demotion system should stay.

and batters, i also +1 :)

How about this.

Player create a demotition request and it up to admin to approve of that demote. If no admin = no demote.

If it required admin approval then they would need to be watching everyone all the time. It would also put all the blame on the admins if it went through or didn't

• 3 weeks later...