Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[CS:S] favourites and history disappeared

kimzy

I'm here once again with a hurr durr kimzy's confused thread..

so for the longest time, for my counter strike server thingy, the "internet" tab would stay empty.. I did not get any servers in there. I didn't mind though since I had all HG servers in my favourites, and the other servers I played on were in my history anyways.

Today though I wanted to go to a server, think it was dust2 dm Usa, but it doesn't really matter. Anyways I opened css and saw I did have a few (about 50) servers on the "internet" tab, but my "favourites" and "history" were empty :/

restarted 3 times, nothing showed up..

once I did have a whole lot more servers showing up on the "internet" tab though..

anyways I don't care about that internet tab all I want is for my favourites and my history list to come back,

can anyone help me? :(

I have the same problems sometimes, what i do is just copy every single server IP that i've got in my fav. list and just make a text document and just paste them in there, just a couple of mins work.

I'm not 100% sure if you can get them back =/

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1367-ERFB-3416

In the directory \Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\7\remote (where x equals a number), you'll find a file serverbrowser_hist.vdf. You can open it up with Notepad and it will list all the servers you've been on.

[The other folders in (xxxxxxxx) are for the games themselves, so you can generally ignore them.]

If there's nothing, it probably means your file is corrupt. You can probably get a copy of it (from an hg member or internet should yield some results) and recopy it back in. Try what Steam said to do first.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1367-ERFB-3416

In the directory \Steam\userdata\xxxxxxxx\7\remote (where x equals a number), you'll find a file serverbrowser_hist.vdf. You can open it up with Notepad and it will list all the servers you've been on.

[The other folders in (xxxxxxxx) are for the games themselves, so you can generally ignore them.]

If there's nothing, it probably means your file is corrupt. You can probably get a copy of it (from an hg member or internet should yield some results) and recopy it back in. Try what Steam said to do first.

enigma I love you. If I wasn't taken (and like, 5 people wouldn't be waiting for me), I would ask you to marry me.

good day! :D