Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To Darius

LazaHorse

Stop... building... Darius... as... a Tank.

Why... would you waste a champion with SO MANY damage spells and SO MUCH burst by building him tank/tanky DPS. Would you build Riven Tanky DPS? Actually some people do... and it SUCKS SHIT.

Darius plays and should be built in a similar way that you build champions like Jarvan, Nocturne, Riven, Lee Sin, and somewhat Talon. Yes a bit of tankiness is necessary for how melee dependent he is and how much he lacks sustain. However, building him TOO tanky will not yield nearly the same dividens that focusing on damage would. I was brain storming with Blu earlier on his mechanics and how best to maximize the crazy burst he has especially in team fights with his Ult spam. This is the build I came to, and in my last game (despite a leaver at level 8 Xin Zhao, a 2-10 Veigar, a 3-9 Trundle, and a moronic Tristana who built Bloodrazor), I went 23-10 almost carrying us to a win. We had two of their inhibs down and all of their nexus turrets down... but then people got caught and it went to shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ANYWAY... here's the build, how I envision Darius should be played. Feel free to ignore me and run him tanky DPS but... I Garentee (hue) this will work better

Background:

Runes: MS/AD/Arpen/Armor Quints, Arpen/AD Reds, Armor/HP per level Seals, Flat MR/Scaling MR/CDR Glyphs

Masteries: With MS Quints, 0-21-9 (Speed Demon Page from https://hellsgamers.com/threads/68222-Masteries-Guide-30-Points-What-Do)

Masteries: Without MS Quints, 19-11-0 (Bruiser Page from same link)

Summoners: Ignite + Flash (Ghost is ok too but... he lacks escapes, and Flash is great for landing E)

Skills: R > Q > W > E (QWQEQRQWQWRWEWEREE)

Items:

Boots + 3/4 Potions

Dorans Blade + Vamp Scepter (13% Lifesteal should hold you over as long as you're proc-ing his W often)

Phage/Hexdrinker (Phage normally or Hex if losing to an AP) -> Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi

AEGIS... OF... THE LEGION! Words cannot describe how great and cost-efficient of a mid-game item this is.

Bloodthirster: Phage + Aegis give you plenty of tankiness (at around lvl 13 with these items you should have ~2200 HP). With that in mind, you should start focusing on damage with the game's highest single-package AD item, BT.

Trinity Force if you started Phage, Maw if you started Hex (Again focusing damage)

Whichever one you didn't build above: Trinity/Maw

Generally your last item should be a decent tanky item. Good options here are:

Randuin's Omen, Force of Nature, Sunfire Cape, Shurelyas, Atma's Impaler, Banshee's, Quicksilver, Locket of the Iron Solari

Finally sell off Aegis for Guardian Angel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's the build. I'll go ahead and type this in big ole letters for you all.

Stop building him like he's Shen/Jax/Garen/GP/Volibear. Atmogs is NOT for everyone.