Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I have been waiting for this film for like 5 years. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT! OMFG!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIbkFamE23Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIbkFamE23Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This film is NOT "AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER". James Cameron bought the rights to the name "AVATAR" before that goddamn kid's cartoon show even came out. He's been working on this film for 13+ years. Maybe you should have watched the video before responding.

That stupid cartoon is being made into a film though.. it's called "The Last Airbender" and it's being directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Bort, I love you. But 50 years down the road from now, nobody will even remember "The Last Airbender". AVATAR on the other hand, is going to go down as one of the greatest Science Fiction films ever made. Quite possibly, one of the greatest films OF ALL TIME. EPIC can't even begin to describe the impact this film is going to have on the movie industry.

actually i was told about the movie from several people so far. I honestly never heard of it being turned into a movie till like last summer was the first. My wife even mentioned it to me about the movie and she has been excited about it since as well. She can not wait till it comes out she has been waiting for a long while now!

Hijacking your thread for a moment - Why is the US so bad at making animated series like Avatar when all they do is steal from established Asian series? Airbender is just Naruto without the parts that make it good. Naruto also needs to die in a fire, but that's aside from the point.

The only thing you can hope for Airbender is that it sucks less than the DBZ bastardization. Don't place any bets though, because Shyamalan is a tool.

Back on topic - It's been a while since a good CG action movie came out. The closest I can remember is Titan A.E. and that was mostly animated with spots of (at the time beautiful) CG. I'm kind of excited. Sort of.

What the fuck is this shit? I watched the whole thing and have no idea what the movie is about. Time to google.

Yeah, I'm sorry about this video, this guy really has no idea what he's talking about, he's not funny at all, and this is a PREVIEW not a REVIEW.

Anyways, supposedly this movie is based in the 22nd century, and a moon called "Pandora" in the Alpha Centauri star system (Closest Star to the Milky Way) that is orbiting a Gas Planet, is found to be inhabited by intelligent alien beings called the Na'vi. They are 10 ft. tall Blue Humanoid Beings, that are somewhat primitive. A group of interstellar Marines headed by a paraplegic marine set out to either meet the Na'vi, or wipe them out so we can take the planet's resources, I'm not too sure on why they are there.

An AVATAR is a robot that resembles a Na'vi that humans can entirely control with their minds, the humans created the AVATARS because the moon Pandora, in which the Na'vi live, is Poisonous to humans, because I think it has an Ammonia Atmosphere.

The paraplegic Marine uses the Avatar to go onto Pandora and interact with the Na'vi, and eventually gains feelings for a "female" Na'vi. When his human companions invade Pandora in their Powersuits, the paraplegic Jake Sully is caught in a dilema.. fight with his human counterparts, or fight with the Na'vi.

The story goes something like that, I'm sure IMDB.COM or Wiki could explain it better. I think the story somewhat sounds like "Pocahontas" or "Dances With Wolves". But either way, people are saying even if the story tanks, this film is still going to REVOLUTIONIZE movies as we know them. Supposedly the entire film was filmed with 150+ cameras filming at the same time. It will be entirely 3-D, and there have even been rumours that you don't even need 3-D glasses to watch it.

The reason Cameron has been working on it for so long, is because when he first thought up this movie (before Titanic even began filming) the technology simply wasn't good enough.

Early reports have said that people who have had Early Screenings walked in with their expectations SKY HIGH and were still blown away by what they saw. This movie will not Fail. It's going to be fucking epic. I guarantee 90% of the people in this forum will go see AVATAR.. more than once.

www.AvatarMovieZone.com

Yeah, I'm sorry about this video, this guy really has no idea what he's talking about, he's not funny at all, and this is a PREVIEW not a REVIEW.

Anyways, supposedly this movie is based in the 22nd century, and a moon called "Pandora" in the Alpha Centauri star system (Closest Star to the Milky Way) that is orbiting a Gas Planet, is found to be inhabited by intelligent alien beings called the Na'vi. They are 10 ft. tall Blue Humanoid Beings, that are somewhat primitive. A group of interstellar Marines headed by a paraplegic marine set out to either meet the Na'vi, or wipe them out so we can take the planet's resources, I'm not too sure on why they are there.

An AVATAR is a robot that resembles a Na'vi that humans can entirely control with their minds, the humans created the AVATARS because the moon Pandora, in which the Na'vi live, is Poisonous to humans, because I think it has an Ammonia Atmosphere.

The paraplegic Marine uses the Avatar to go onto Pandora and interact with the Na'vi, and eventually gains feelings for a "female" Na'vi. When his human companions invade Pandora in their Powersuits, the paraplegic Jake Sully is caught in a dilema.. fight with his human counterparts, or fight with the Na'vi.

The story goes something like that, I'm sure IMDB.COM or Wiki could explain it better. I think the story somewhat sounds like "Pocahontas" or "Dances With Wolves". But either way, people are saying even if the story tanks, this film is still going to REVOLUTIONIZE movies as we know them. Supposedly the entire film was filmed with 150+ cameras filming at the same time. It will be entirely 3-D, and there have even been rumours that you don't even need 3-D glasses to watch it.

The reason Cameron has been working on it for so long, is because when he first thought up this movie (before Titanic even began filming) the technology simply wasn't good enough.

Early reports have said that people who have had Early Screenings walked in with their expectations SKY HIGH and were still blown away by what they saw. This movie will not Fail. It's going to be fucking epic. I guarantee 90% of the people in this forum will go see AVATAR.. more than once.

www.AvatarMovieZone.com

Sounds interesting no doubt, I'm not big into sci-fi stuff but I'm pretty open minded when it comes to movies. I'll check it out for sure, hopefully they'll have some previews out soon.

Titanic made me sleepy. Instead of tentacles, it looks like we're in store for some robot on blue girl action. Kind of reminds me of BALDR FORCE.

/tangent

But yeah, I'm certainly haxing the night-before screenings I usually happen to wander in on for this.

I've been waiting for the first teaser/trailer FOREVER. I read that at some convention called "Comic Con" later this month, they're unveiling exclusive footage of the movie, maybe even the first trailer. But more than likely the first trailer is coming out sometime in August.

I only thought Titanic was good because the Visual Effects were pretty awesome, and the actress that posed naked had a hot bod. BUT if I were in to sappy love stories, I think Titanic was an all around great film, and deserves to be the highest grossing film of all time.

James Cameron had some other really good movies too, you might have heard of them:

Terminator 1

Aliens (The second one. The first in the series "Alien" was directed by Ridley Scott)

The Abyss

Terminator 2

True Lies

• 3 weeks later...

The reason for the cut off is because they showed 25 minutes of footage to that crowd of 6,000.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GreWI45Qho&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GreWI45Qho&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Links to part 2 & 3 of this video:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT ANY LONGER

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_JBMrrYw8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_JBMrrYw8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>