Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What's that popping noise?

Wingless

So, right after the guild meeting, on the way to the group on Voss, my computer made this awful popping noise before kicking off, and my PSU started smelling like delicious warm circuitry. Long story short, I have another power supply on the way, but I'll be off of every game ever for the next few days. We're getting someone to cover down on group 2's raids for the next few days in the mean time.

Wish me luck in my old power supply being worth what I paid for it, and stopping the carnage from leaving itself.

Actually, the one I think just died is a 550w, and it's ran beautifully for about 5 years now. The one in the mail is a 600, just because pickings were a little thin. I have a max cost/performance rig, so that's my sweet spot.

Guest teh_g
Actually, the one I think just died is a 550w, and it's ran beautifully for about 5 years now. The one in the mail is a 600, just because pickings were a little thin. I have a max cost/performance rig, so that's my sweet spot.

Poor thing was ready to die. I would say give it a viking funeral, but it already did the fire part...