Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What is going on with the TF2 Division?

Pineapple

Whats up!

So I was starting to think about the future of the TF2 Division within HG and I was upset at what I thought would ever happen. Almost 1/3 of our servers are TF2 Servers. Some popular, some not so popular. But we still keep opening new ones, and keeping the ones which are dead open.

lBxwJ.png

Look at how many members we have in TF2. Only a handful are Veterans. I think we should bring back the classic servers that were actually full and members always came. Such as the Turbine server, and the 2Fort Servers.

Soon enough Council and the others will see that the TF2 Division is taking up space on the Dedicated Boxes. Who knows, they just may close TF2 Down :o

What do you think?

Whats up!

So I was starting to think about the future of the TF2 Division within HG and I was upset at what I thought would ever happen. Almost 1/3 of our servers are TF2 Servers. Some popular, some not so popular. But we still keep opening new ones, and keeping the ones which are dead open.

lBxwJ.png

Look at how many members we have in TF2. Only a handful are Veterans. I think we should bring back the classic servers that were actually full and members always came. Such as the Turbine server, and the 2Fort Servers.

Soon enough Council and the others will see that the TF2 Division is taking up space on the Dedicated Boxes. Who knows, they just may close TF2 Down :o

What do you think?

We shut down all the servers that were dead. Now about 75% of the servers are full. The servers that are empty are US Dustbowl, US Hoodoo and Popular Maps server.

We shut down all the servers that were dead. Now about 75% of the servers are full. The servers that are empty are US Dustbowl, US Hoodoo and Popular Maps server.

Not all of them, there are some that hasn't even been touched. Some that has never had a player in them.

I do see where you are coming from, but I slightly disagree. You say all of our servers are empty, but we do have many popular ones. Yes, I have noticed a lack of popularity in the division. We have 18 TF2 servers and 9 of them are consistently full. Others aren't empty, but they aren't popular. I do see a problem with this, and that is why I am focusing on many TF2 events in the next few months. (There is one next Sunday if you would like to come :D). If you have any ideas of events you would like to see, PM me on the forums, and I will definitely consider your ideas.

Below are some screenshots of our popular servers' activity in the past week.

HeLLsGamers.com 24/7 DEGROOT KEEP | gameME

server_degroot.jpg

HeLLsGamers.com 24/7 MARIO KART | gameME | FastDL

server_mariokart.jpg

HeLLsGamers.com/trade | Minecraft Trade | FastDL

server_mctrade.jpg

HeLLsGamers.com 24/7 ORANGE 100% Crits | gameME

server_orange.jpg

HeLLsGamers.com/trade | Trading Post | FastDL

server_trade.jpg

HeLLsGamers.co.uk | Minecraft Trade | FastDL

server_ukmctrade.jpg

Well, I understand that Scott, but why not remove the servers with "Aren't Popular" and turn them into other things which "ARE POPULAR". They took down our 2Fort and Turbine server for no reason (They = TC). Those were 24/7 full and we were able to get a few recruits. When they closed it, everything went to a hault.

We have 18 TF2 servers and 9 of them are consistently full. Others aren't empty, but they aren't popular.

But there's 28 TF2 servers listed on GameME with only the first 9 having any players in them. http://www.gameme.com/gameservers?game=tf2&country=&masterlist_order=real_act_players&masterlist_order_type=desc&masterlist_filter=hellsgamers&masterlist_filter_type=name&filter_button=Filter#masterlist

The HG server page says there's 21. https://hellsgamers.com/servers

Also, OP suggested actual TF2 maps, not mods such as Minecraft, 100% crits, and Mario Kart.

Has anybody given any thought to an HG map? A map made by our technicians with our name stamped all over it. Obviously it would need to be a solid design, but what better way to get HG's name out?

Edited by phoenixfire36
spelling error

Yeah that's the hoodoo server polar. It's still up it's just never populated. Trust me we've been working on ideas to fix things, but honestly people are the only thing that can make any significant change. Right now our goal is have a populate server events once a week or so for less popular servers and increase our rank in the Valve quick play. If we can do that then we'll be fine.

I think that I agree to some extent. As much of a purist as I am, I enjoy having some basic TF2 servers around. I was actually recruited in the 2fort/turbine server by Scott, so I would like to see at least that server come back.

It seems that, for some reason, the less conventional servers (DeGroot, MarioKart, etc.) are more popular than the others, and that lakes me somewhat distraught.

Edited by Kerreb17