Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

sound issues in css

FukLife

Okay so not to long ago my fps dropped a huge amount form 400 down to about 80 and i went and downloaded new nividia drivers for it now that is fixed.

Now when I am playing CSS after playing for a little while everything goes crackling on my headset and i can still hear gun shots kills etc but its all staticy at the same time if you would like me to demo myself to show you what it sounds like i can do that if it would help. But I tried going to dxdiag setting all my sound to basic... i went ingame set my sound to medium then to low, and it still does it. Since I am useing a logitec headset it has its own drivers which i reinstalled a few times already and still didn't fix it. Unless I am wrong on that part and it still uses my onboard sound?! not sure...

Anyways any other ideas on what I could do to see what is causeing it. I know it's not my headset cause i play everquest 2 and many other games and my sound works fine just on css is when it acts up.

heres a demo of it happening :(

Weird thing is i played in our dust 2 dm for a while and no sound errors went to our crackhouse dm no sound errors... go into any scoutz knivez map and immediatily my sound goes all crackling

http://www.mediafire.com/?v5yp58yxzedbpsa

EDIT: nvm about demo i just rewatched it and sounds fine it didn't record what I hear from my end so no idea ...still mind boggling what is causeing it.

Edited by FukLife