Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I think games are stale boring and repetitive these days :(

JJK

JJK, GET medieval 2 total war, fucking one of the best games in the world. Its not like age of Empires where the guys are almost as big as the buildings, you actually need to plan out what your going to do. And the LOTR mod to that game is amazing also, it brings out the nerd in me lol, playing as gondor and killing orcs and shit. And also, medieval is not like 150 guys vs 150 guys, it goes up to the thousands, making the fights actually worth watching.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FPS games are getting stale and boring you are right. But ValvE stepped it up with CSS. TF2 made us take a whole new look at how FPS's should look. If only CS:GO kept the ball going. But not ALL games are like that. Classic games are a great example. I still play my GameCube and even my N64 when I get tired of modern games. I love my classic systems. I take my GameBoy Advance with me on all my trips, I love it :D

minecraft is good... I like how i can extract what i like out of it... i dont really enjoy the game as a whole

I like hardcore/pvp, fear inspiring games, and i like simple crafting and random generating content, shooting and spells are fine, but i quite prefer medieval themes. -also, has to be about player skill...

not lvl...or good gear....or cause your with parents and have time

^ dayz is a good example, but buggy and not executed very wisley

minecraft does all that...but not enough to hold my attention anymore.

It got too repetative, and id rather not go the other route and spend 3 weeks makgni somethign noone will ever see

I might play a MC skyblock map with dizy once a month or so

Oh, and fuck macroers and cheaters too

So, what game does all this?

If you like building shit, play the Sims 3

There are some mods that are pretty unique. Mods like No More Room in Hell, Zombie Master, and Sven Co-op usually give hours of entertainment. Also, there are some campaigns in ARMA 2 that are pretty good if you have enough people playing, or you could go to an insurgency game-type server that has Fallujah or Lingor, but that usually involves a ton of downloading from Six updater.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to through my 2 peneth in.

I do agree that on the whole game releases are getting stale.

Most so-called "class A" games now are filled with big budget fps games such as battlefield etc. Which the masses like and it spins the money making tree.

You get MMOs which all follow the WoW model of, pay a monthly fee, we give you content. However there is a shift toward F2P models.

Anything inbetween that such as action/adventure games, I think, are slowly getting pushed out by the big budget games.

Anything outside of those categories are either a slowly dying (Space sims) or do brilliantly cause of their wackyness (minecraft).

I think interms of actual content in games. It can be varied, but there is a certain temptation for games developers to make it into a much more rounded experience. For example lets compare 2 games that are pretty similar.

Timesplitters 2 (PS2, Gamecube; 2002). Most of the cut scenes were kept short and were skippable. But the game did have this backstory of collecting all the time crystals from the timesplitters before the world ended.

Call of Duty: MW3 (Xbox360, PS3, PC; 2009) You play as both the SAS and SEALs. Stopping the world form ending. However, cut scenes in this are long drawn-out affairs with afew quick time events put in to stop you from falling asleep.

Now that is a 7 year gap and shows how the FPS genre has changed from being pretty wacky and fun to deadly serious and thought-provoking. Now it could be seen as dumming down and this commentator thinks so.

i still havent found anything 'fun'

Not sure if you are into this but Saints Row/GTA 4 are good sand box environments, although I usually only play if someone else is playing.

On the other hand if you play Just Cause 2, a bit of modding and ridiculousness will overtake you for a couple of hours.