Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Live in the SF Bay Area? Like LoL? Then IPL San Francisco is for you!

Prius

IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown

IGN Pro League is proud to announce IPL Face Off: San Francisco Showdown, a live event at the Nob Hill Masonic Center in San Francisco, California! The IPL Team Arena Challenge 3 Grand Finals and a stand-alone League of Legends tournament will be held there on August 11th and 12th! IPL TAC3 is our $20,000 StarCraft 2 team league featuring 24 top teams from around the world, and will culminate in an epic best of 9 showdown in front of a live audience!

Check out the Liquipedia page for more information including an up-to-date bracket: IPL Team Arena Challenge/3

If you missed the GSTL Finals live in Las Vegas at IPL4, you won’t want to miss this chance at team league epicness!

Where

The Nob Hill Masonic Center is located at 1111 California St., San Francisco, California and has been host to many large events from car shows to Star Trek conventions. It has a massive auditorium suited for concerts, stand-up comics, and now: eSports! http://www.masonicauditorium.com/

When

IPL Face Off will will take place on Saturday, August 11th and Sunday, August 12th. The IPL TAC3 Grand Finals will take place on Saturday morning, and our 8-team League of Legends tournament will take place throughout the entire weekend.

Who

Two StarCraft 2 teams will be flown in to participate in the IPL TAC3 Grand Finals! The teams still in the hunt are Team Liquid, Prime, NSHoSeo, SlayerS, Incredible Miracle, MVP, StarTale, TSL, Alternate-Type, Acer, Karont3, Empire, compLexity, FXO Korea, Evil Geniuses, and Dignitas! As the tournament progresses closer to the event date, we’ll see who is eliminated and who will be skilled enough to make it to San Francisco! The IPL staff will all be on hand at the event, with our in-house casters Kevin Knocke and Doa doing the casting! First place for TAC3 earns the $9,000 Grand Prize, with second place taking home $4,000 for their efforts!

After the Grand Finals conclude, there will be a bo9 showmatch between the two teams’ aces! Stay tuned for more information about this and other possible matches at the event!

Four League of Legends teams will be invited, and four teams will earn their way into the competition via an open qualifier. The qualifier will be 32 teams, with Ro32 and Ro16 being single-elimination. The final eight teams will play out a double-elimination bracket and the top four teams will qualify to play at IPL Face Off. The team that wins the open qualifier will also earn $1,000 for their victory! Sign-ups for this qualifier will be $25 per team, with refunds available for teams that are not selected. Teams can sign up for the open qualifier here: http://www.ign.com/ipl/all/news/ipl-face-off-2012-league-of-legends-qualifier-sign-up/

Attendance Information

General Admission and VIP tickets will be limited to only 2,000 live spectators, so act fast to secure your seats! Buy your General Admission ticket for $25 or your VIP ticket for $150 right now at http://iplfaceoff2012.eventbrite.com/ ! General Admission gets you in the door for this awesome event, while VIP will get you priority seating as well as some exclusive IPL goodies! You can also participate in this coupon offer for 25% off either General Admission or VIP tickets: http://www.ign.com/ipl/all/news/face-off-tickets/ This event will be free to watch online in standard definition, but subscribers will be able to watch this event and all other IPL content in HD for only $5 per month! Here is our TwitchTV Subscription link if you’re interested: IPL TwitchTV Network Subscription.

We can’t wait to see which teams qualify for our first live event in the Bay Area, and we can’t wait to see all of you excited fans out in the audience!

Source

I think i'm going to go even though I suck at this game and probably will never be good. I'm trying to get migra to go. I know me and him arent the only people in the bay area in CALI that like league. If you do live in the bay area and need a ride, I can help :)

If youre thinking about going, heres another incentive. http://www.ign.com/ipl/all/news/face-off-tickets/

25% off, just follow them on twitter or like them on fb.

I'm interested:o but... You guys barely know me:(

well as long as you arent creepy as fuck you should be good. since youre 16 and live in norcal, youre normal. you look normal too. now lets say you were 16 and lived in florida, then we'd have a problem.