Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Calling all photography peoples!

Couch Crumbs

This is a bit long, skip to this > * if you're lazy.

Hello all!

I had this idea yesterday and it's been cooking in my brain oven, and now that I've properly mulled it over I've decided I really like it!

I took photography class at my high school the past two years, but I'm abstaining this year for a few reasons (It's mostly cause the teacher is a *mean word for lady goes here*).

But I'm bummed 'cause I really like photography and I want to keep working on my techniques and exploring the word through my camera. I need a way to get myself to go out and take pictures. I also need some people to tell me what works and dosen't work with my photos. "Where in the world can I find a creative group of people like this?" I asked myself. Boom! Hellsgamers! Duh!

So, finally getting to the main point of this, my idea is *drumroll please...*

*We make an HG photo group! Basically I thought we could come up with a subject every week (2 weeks, month, something like that) and go take a (few) shoots, choose our favorite pictures, then critique each-other's photos and become better photographers!

I know this would give me that push I need to actually go out and take pictures. I also feel the best way to learn photography is to just try something then run it past a group of constructive people (on tinychat?!). Additionally, I know there are some more experienced photographers out there (JessicaJoy, I'm looking at you) whose knowledge I'm certain I, and others, would value.

So guys, tell me what you think? Are there enough HG photography lovers out there that this would be possible? Are enough of you interested? I'm getting really excited about this so please tell me you are! If this fails I'm going to cry myself to sleep for a while.

-CouchCrumbs out-

Eh, I was in a classroom full of high school students and no one ever said anything that was downright insulting, I would think we could hold ourselves to a high standard. I mean it could even just be a monthly photo contest. All I really want is some inspiration to go out and shoot pictures (I'm a tad lazy)

No one is stopping you from going out and shooting amazing photographs ..but in a gaming community ...this isn't the best place to get critiqued. :) (Coming from a photographer btw :P)

Don't you just do portraits and social events?

I like the idea, even though HG is mainly a gaming thing it still has a lot of different people in it. Their likes and hobbies, etc. I'm sure if we can dial down the specifics that this could possibly work!

Good idea!

I like the idea, even though HG is mainly a gaming thing it still has a lot of different people in it. Their likes and hobbies, etc. I'm sure if we can dial down the specifics that this could possibly work!

Good idea!

Thanks :) Yeah the only reason I thought this would be a good idea is how many graphics people there are on the forums.