Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Steam main exception. ERROR

n0y0u

i tried to start my steam today, and got this error msg after it tried to update

'' Steam,exe (main exception): ERROR: copying steamNew.exe to steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 32 ''The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process'' k well what do i do now lol?? anyone could help would be appreciate !!! not rly greatest unless showed what to do , than i remember but if i dont know im lost completley plz and ty anyone!!

7 step process

1. Buy Grenade

2. Place Grenade in Computer

3. Place Computer in back Yard

4. Record with camera

5. Pull pin

6. Run like hell

7. Upload to Youtube

But Honestly try Running it as an admin or reinstalling it. It may work. Also push a PM over to enigma. He is Pro at these things

Also Search the error msg in google. You might find ppl with the same problem as you who have corrected the error. Good Luck man

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Edited by (Headband)(EG)

lol.. i have restarted i even add removed steam from computer and tried reinstalling but came up with error IM FUCKED :( wish someone could help me i gotta go work in 20 minutes so hopfully tomorrow somone will be able to help live, i will be on 9:30 am western standard time

According to these threads

1.http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2816724

2.http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2839524&page=2

First off disable your anti virus and try to update steam again

Do not "opt-in to steam beta" the updates seem to have caused this

if that didn't work try the fix in this post

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32101519&postcount=16

k well i think everythings fucked :( i need help lol im confused and dont know that stuff and i think i wrecked it all!!! sigh someone set up a date with me plz to fix it?

There is a tool enigma offered to help you with, it's called Teamviewer.

You can download it from Teamviewer.com

Basically, it lets him control you're computer (ONLY while the program is open, and there's a different password each time it's opened) for the time being. He can help you from there.

I recommend PM'ing him after you download Teamviewer and getting him to help you that way.

Good luck.

Diagnostic mode disables non-essential Windows/Third Party Services.

There's a very good chance as we discussed yesterday your computer is infected with malware that hampers your access to Steam and your files. (looked like a few of the ACE entries/ACLs were off)

I sent you a link in a PM for info on how to clean it up.

If it doesn't work, find someone locally that can clean it up (maybe it's because of where I live that made it difficult) or take it to a shop. Either way, based on the software I found on your computer, it appears to be suspiciously pointing towards: someone's been downloading ALOT and that ALOT includes malware :(

Diagnostic mode disables non-essential Windows/Third Party Services.

There's a very good chance as we discussed yesterday your computer is infected with malware that hampers your access to Steam and your files. (looked like a few of the ACE entries/ACLs were off)

I sent you a link in a PM for info on how to clean it up.

If it doesn't work, find someone locally that can clean it up (maybe it's because of where I live that made it difficult) or take it to a shop. Either way, based on the software I found on your computer, it appears to be suspiciously pointing towards: someone's been downloading ALOT and that ALOT includes malware :(

Told you Enigma was the man for the Job.